Status of Omaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Omaha?

I have heard a rumor that the race at Omaha may be cancelled due to not enough water. Kristi, is this true, and what is the status? I also heard that if Omaha is a no go, then we will be running at DePue instead? If anyone has any info on the race please post it here. I know of several people from the west coast that are thinking about making the trek to Omaha, if we are going to have it there. I'm sure they would like to know if the race has been cancelled or not.

Thanks,
    Josh Kimble
    L-32

Omaha may be cancelled due to very low water. Bev and Rich went out this weekend and it did not look any different than last year. Someone is headed out to measure today and we should know something this afternoon.We have already spoken to the people on the west coast and they are very aware of the situation. When we have a final decision and an alternate site we will will post it. I am working on DePue for the alternate site and I am waiting on final availability of divers.

I am leaving this morning for Spring Break at the beach with my kids. I have NO internet down there. I will have someone post the final decision when we have it.

Thanks
    Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Comment

Omaha

We need to make every effort to keep omaha on. This is the rainy season in the midwest and I dont believe the water will be a problem. Many airline tickets and plans have been made and cannot be refunded. They said 3 years ago the water was too low, but I think the city officials jump the gun every year with the water deal. Lets hope this all works out.

Comment

The water is lower than last year. We just measured it this morning.We are making every effort but it has to be safe.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

thanks, Kristi

Comment

Omaha is cancelled.

Rich and I were in Omaha and looked at the lake Saturday evening, it looked to be only slightly lower than last year.

This morning a friend went and measured the depth for us, the first turn has 3 1/2 ft, the backstretch has about the same. On the second turn, the depth measured about 5 ft.

After talking with the USTS board, it was decided that the race should be cancelled this year, and we will move to DePue for that weekend. So we will race, just in a different place.

Comment

Working...
            X