USTS Pleasant Prairie results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS Pleasant Prairie results

The 4th and final round of a crazy boat racing year has come and gone with the USTS and a limited number of Mod classes came to a wet Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin. A good turnout of 85 entries came together with some great racing I was able to catch on FB, my thanks to those who posted up.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make any USTS races this year as being fat and ugly makes me a prime candidate, along with age and asthma, for the Covid virus and taking my Drs. Advice of quarantining this year, we have done so since the middle of March. At this point if anyone is looking to do some target practice, I hereby volunteer, LOL So grateful to know that Brad and Billie Burkland are on the mend as they did suffer the affects of the C-19. Saw that Wendy Bosnich posted that she is now recovering from it as well. Thankful and grateful that you are all recovering.

Holy Buckets have I missed the races this year, 30 some years of announcing and working with Todd Brinkman, Big Pal, along with Sue and Denise Eldredge and a great judges stand crew, we had settled into a pretty good routine Pete Nydahl has worked tirelessly for to the benefit of the Title Series and when Todd retired from the Presidency, Pete was “rewarded” with the heavy mantle of the Presidency. Our thanks for his effort in the Title Series behalf.

2020 presented it’s share of challenges and getting 4 races in this year was quite an accomplishment and the effort of Pete and others to ensure that the equipment was on the water and not in the shop. Stops were made in Clarksville Ar, and Centralia, Illinois, thanks to a working relationship with the NBRA, Jeff Ruth, and of course the President of the NBRA, Alan Owen. Thanks, guys, for those invites and understand they were very successful. Constantine, a long-time part of the USTS speedweeks and the week before our traditional Nationals at Depue, and our last one at Pleasant Prairie. Thanks to all who helped to make this a year to race and to remember for sure. Grateful.

So sad to have missed Depue this year, but Steve and Trent Solorio and the Depue Men’s Club group, kept us informed as to the regs put out by the state of Illinois and became apparent that the numbers just did not add up in terms of the number of people who could be in the park. Hopefully in 2021, we will hit the water at Depue with a vengeance and with a huge turnout for some great racin
    My thanks to Susan Sailer who provided me with the results from the USTS final race of the year at Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin. A great turnout of 85 entries for the final wet and cold race this year.

Looking through the results of the Pleasant Prairie results a couple of things to note. Congrats to Joe Perez who took I believe his first win in the K-Pro category and we congratulate him for a job well done.

350H was a Nydahl/Gesler family affair, keeping it in the family with Pete and his two Champion children driving once again to the top for a 1-2-3 finish to the podium, with Kurt taking the win. In the 250H category, Kurtis went into the bottom corner hot on the inside and as he straightened up the hydro the outside chine caught the water and he barrel rolled it, but fortunately he was smiling when it was over, unhurt, thank goodness.

Gary Merkel in his first year of capsule in the 500H finishing on the podium behind perennial champ Doug Hall, great run Gary.

Looks like Rex Hall not only has the engines singing for his Son Doug, but now Jackson, Rex’s Grandson and Doug’s son won in the 250 runabout

1100R came to the water with 7 driver/Praying combo’s. Cannot wait to add in the West Coast guys next year at Depue for a great run of the class. Austin Van Over just a hard charging young man took it this year at PP.

In 125H, a couple of items of interest. Brian Palmquist took the win driving the D-10E of David Tenny’s brand new Mosquito Hydro. Congrats to him and for the first time on the water in a 125H was Scott Floyd. Scott and his wife Tari have been longtime supporters of the USTS and have followed the circuit for several years coming to the races in the Midwest. He and Tari have won the lotto for rides in the 1100R and took part in the driver’s school that Paulie Bosnich put together last year at Depue and the bug bit hard. So glad to see him in a boat on the water now. Brother John Palmquist was not going to be outdone by his brother and John took the 175H win in the Mike Wienandt prepared hydro.

I have missed the advancement of Parker Thirlby to the bigger class of 500R as Parker had been running 125R for several years. Can’t imagine that first full throated run down the straight away in that 500 when he pulled the pipes on that big Konny 4 cylinder compared to that single cylinder 125, YEE HA PONY. Fun story that brother Andrew told me after his first time in the 500. They were down at Kingston, Tn and Pop Mike put him on the water, he took a lap came in and told his Dad, he was f)*&(^*&%ing crazy. Pop sent him right back out and we have all seen the results on the water.

As soon as the points are tabulated we will have the winners of the high point championships available as well.

Thanks to Sue once again, be safe, enjoy some time at home and get ready for a great 2021 we all hope for.

Ray

Saturday Results Pleasant Prairie:

SATURDAY’S RESULTS

CMH Final Results:

1 BRIAN PALMQUIST
    2 COURTNEY THAYER
    3 STEVE JOHNSON
    4 ROBERT TROLIAN

700cc Runabout Final Results:

1 AUSTIN VANOVER
    2 JASON SAILER
    3 ANDREW THIRLBY