Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantine and USTS National's Schedule and info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantine and USTS National's Schedule and info.

As we get ready for rounds 4 and 5 in the USTS season, we are going to see an uptick in competition and challenges of more drivers as we head to our next two races that constitute our speed week for the Title Series. But it seems to me we have had a speed month as we just finished a very successful Springfield, Thunder on Lake Springfield keeping the average of entires at 84 per event. This has been a very good season for the USTS as our show money support to our drivers is averaging about 10k per race and this has helped keep our average entry count up there. Come join us and add to the fun. I believe we will pick up more than that in entries for Constantine, and then of course many more for Depue and the USTS Nationals.
    As usual for speedweek, we start off at the American Legion Post in Constantine Michigan with testing on Friday the 22nd and racing Saturday and Sunday on the St. Joe river the 23rd and 24th. Then it is the 4 hour trek to Depue for the next weekend of the Nationals. Again a reminder to check with Big Pal, Paul Bosnich before we start placing trailers at Depue.
    If you have not yet signed up for the reunion, see Dale Hoffert or John Shubert for information on any openings available. This should be a lot of fun and we are excited to see many of our hero’s return to the site of many of their exploits, some on the water and some, well never mind. There will be a number of static displays of boats and engines, and I understand a few will make a couple of exhibition runs.
    The Schedule for the US Title Series Nationals Sponsored by The Depue Men’s club, has been set and we are excited to invite one and all to the best sponsored, best run, best race course, and the most fun for a week available on the planet. You will find the schedule below.
    At Depue, we will test on Wednesday and Thursday, Drivers meeting Friday morning for all drivers. Saturday and Sunday classes only running that day for drivers meeting under Depue Men’s Club shelter. You must make sure that boat is inspected, register and sign waiver before testing. Please go online for registration as this will streamline your time trying to get on the water.
    We will again run OSY 400 and K-Pro for any of our Stock Outboard friends headed to Hinton the next week. Thus you can run Friday, be on the road and arrive in Hinton, so this gives you a chance to run two National Championships within a week.
    Friday we will run the following classes
    1st flight CRH, K-Pro, 125R repeat for three heats
    2nd flight OSY400, 700R, CSR, 500H repeat for three heats
    Saturday
    1st flight CRR, 250R, 350H, 175H repeat for three heats
    2nd flight 500R, CSH, 700H repeat for three heats
    Sunday
    1st flight 1100R, 125H repeat for three heats
    2nd flight 250H, 350R, 1100H repeat for three heats
    Again we invite all to come and enjoy some fun, and again for the guys and gals headed for Hinton we are running the KPRO and OSY400 on Friday to allow plenty of time for you to reach Hinton.
    USTS TECHNICAL COMMITTEE UPDATE
    The USTS has disapproved the use of the Yamato Model 321 engine in the OSY-400 class for the 2016 race season, even though specifications show in the Technical Manual. This is being done because of the lack of engines available and questions about the specifications submitted. This model will be reviewed for the 2017 by the Tech Committee for further approval.
    Also the use of any model 321 parts on a model 302 is not legal a this time.
    ... The legal models of Yamato's for OSY-400 will remain the 80, 102, 202, and 302.
    Thank you,
    The Tech Committee

Last edited by RLR; 07-13-2016, 03:25 PM.

OSY400 drivers, make sure you read the 321 usage post.
    USTS TECHNICAL COMMITTEE UPDATE
    The USTS has disapproved the use of the Yamato Model 321 engine in the OSY-400 class for the 2016 race season, even though specifications show in the Technical Manual. This is being done because of the lack of engines available and questions about the specifications submitted. This model will be reviewed for the 2017 by the Tech Committee for further approval.
    Also the use of any model 321 parts on a model 302 is not legal a this time.
    ... The legal models of Yamato's for OSY-400 will remain the 80, 102, 202, and 302.
    Thank you,
    The Tech Committee

Comment

Holy Buckets, Speed week is getting really close... Just a little note. If anyone needs anything shipped for the Nationals, you can ship it to my address. Fed Ex and UPS will deliver it right to the Park Shelter. Please put attention: Big Pal on the packages. The Men's Club and Village of DePue are eagerly waiting for everyone to arrive. Mayor Bryant and a group of volunteers are working hard on the dam so we can play with our toys. The dam is in and the pumps are running to maintain our water levels.
      This year we are renaming the Nick Davis 500 Sprint memorial trophy. It will now be named the Nick Davis Capsule memorial. This will be awarded to the capsule driver that accumulates the most points over the course of the weekend in the capsule classes.
      Wednesday after testing, we will have capsule training in Spring Valley at the pool. We will meet at the registration trailer and head to the pool around 6:00 pm. Please let me know by email if you need training so that I can know how many to expect. (bos9@comast.net). The cost is $50.00 per person and I will collect the fee that evening.
      The VFW will again be hosting our banquet on Saturday evening. The cost will be $20.00 per person. We are very thankful we can have the banquet in town and would like to ensure that we are supporting that. We will again run a 50/50 that evening to donate to the VFW for the use of their building. Gerry will also be doing all you can eat boneless wings on Tuesday evening again as well at the VFW.
      Of course, they will also be serving my favorite, COLD BEER! Don't forget to also register for the reunion on Friday night. Dale and John have been working very hard on that. Thank you guys.
      Angie at the Giant's Den will have a breakfast buffet on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning as well as her regular menu. Casey's is also having different specials throughout the week. They now have diesel fuel in town if anyone needs to fill up.
      Anybody NOT making the trip to Constantine and dropping trailers early in DePue, please get a hold of me first. (815)252-0313.
      People in the Illinois Valley are eagerly waiting for the arrival of all of you. Everyday I get questions about who is coming back for the big week. Have a safe trip to Constantine and then over to the Best "Dam" RACE course in the country.
      See you Thursday in Constantine.
      One more and we go....
      Big Pal

Comment

Big Pal or anyone, do you know of someone in town that might have a room for rent during week of Nationals/Reunion? A friend of all of ours and a long time sponsor of the race would like to attend, if she can find a room in town. Any help would be appreciated on this.
        David Weaver

Comment

Working...
        X