USTS SUNDAY RESULTS FROM SPRINGFIELD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS SUNDAY RESULTS FROM SPRINGFIELD

Sunday finished off a great 4th of July weekend of racing with another 30 entries ready to do battle at a great facility at Lake Springfield, Illinois. What a great venue and sponsors, and a huge opportunity to do it again next year. Thank you Mr. Mayor, Bob of Lake Springfield Marina, the "BUD" folks, along with our USTS leader Todd Brinkman for the hard work needed to make this a successful weekend.

In K-Pro, Parker Thirlby and Brianna Payn had traded heat wins on Saturday with Lyndsy McGrath finishing with strong 3rds and now came the last two heats.
    Parker was absolutely perfect in his starts in both heats and being a wily veteran of 14 kept Brianna on the right for both heats, forcing her to try to go around on the outside, which she was unable to do as Parker slammed the door a couple of times, but Brianna never backed off to give a great accounting of her driving ability. Really fun to watch with Lyndsy again giving her all for 3rd.

Parker
    Brianna
    Lyndsy

It probably was an interesting ride home for Amy and Kurt Nydah as they had something to talk about. Kurt went out in the first heat on fire and took the win by a good margin. He started a little back in the 2nd heat and saw a possible win go away when he broke a ring. Sitting on the course he watched Amy take the win over Ike Yoder and JP Jedwabny for 2nd and 3rd. Poppa Pete put that motor back together for Kurt and he never missed a lick in the 3rd and final as he again won handily. Amy finishing 2nd in the earlier heat put enough together to take the title, while JP Jedwabny was running well for 3rd.

Kurtis
    Amy
    JP

in 125R JJ Walls coming off of two championships at Kingston, found himself up against Tim Small this day driving David Tenny' s D-10e on the water. Tim won a heat, was unable to run the first heat, but JJ came back to take the next two and took home the title with Brandon Mills, all the way from Lakeland, Fl using a 2nd and two 3rds had enough to finish 2nd with Tim for the 3rd spot

JJ
    Brandon
    Tim

Want to see your breath taken away, watch Andrew Thirlby work his way from the pack to the front in about 3/4 of a lap..........I am sure there is a HOLY BUCKET in there somewhere. Brian Payn and Derek Gesler hit the starting line within a millisecond after it went to zero with Andrew about 15 boat lengths off the pace, by the end of the back stretch guess who's name I was calling as the leader and make no mistake, both Brian in the Wright Roofing enty, and Derek in his own design and build 700R are no easy marks to say the least. Andrew won both the 500 and 700 class at Kingston and the USTS Nationals last year at Depue and everyone has work to do, believe me. Poppa Mike also got into the mix and scored enough points to take the 3rd spot over all, right behind Andrew for the win and Derek for 2nd overall

Andrew
    Derek
    Mike

175H had 7 hit the water, but a couple of GJ's, and motor issues thinned out heat one, with Jon Wienandt taking a heat, only to see his carburetor fall off in one of the heats, while Baylee Burkland doing her thing put two 2nd place finishes and led from start to finish in the 3rd heat finished out front of Jon and Ray Hammond up from Bartow, Fl.

Baylee
    Jon
    Ray

We finished it off with 350R and were happy to see the Warrior Mike Krier come out of those farm fields and on the water with us. It was a great first race for Mike as he took the last 2 straight heats and put Brian Payn a good friend on notice that the 350 crown from last year is going to take some defense this year. Brian used a 2nd and two thirds to take 2nd overall, with Tim having one the first heat and finished 2nd in his other heat with engine issues in the other.

Mike
    Brian
    Tim

Two of the 1100's had issues and we could not run with just the other two.

My thanks to Sue Sailer and her crew of judges stand workers, thanks so much for each and everyone of you and all that you do.

Ray

Thanks again Ray!

Comment

I was at Kingston and really wonder why with so few races usts scheduled a race to conflict with your own pro nationals ? I would have loved to see all the KPRO kids race against each other. Is there something I was missing ?????

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Should have came to Springfield, and that other race was not the US Title Series PRO Nationals. That race starts July 29 - August 2, in DePue IL "The Greatest Race Ever!"
        Last edited by ProHydroRacer; 07-07-2015, 06:34 PM.
    Working...
    X