PLEASANT PRAIRIE SATURDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASANT PRAIRIE SATURDAY

Let me begin with a quick report on Jeff Kugler who flipped on Friday while testing. I was not there, but from what I understand the boat did two complete flips in the air, once airborne and pitched Jeff out the front end during its first cycle. Thrown clear and about 30-40 yards out in front of the boat, Jeff took a pretty good charge into the water suffering a dis-located shoulder and concussion. He has been released from the hospital and in talking to his Dad Jack he said he was sore, but mobile. Very grateful for that news.

The early, and I mean early summer of PP leaves you shivering to say the least. Temps have been in the low 60's with a cool breeze a blowing.

Saturday did dawn pretty sunny, but cool as we heated up with some racing.

250R saw 6 hit the water with Tim Small taking the first heat with JJ Walls taking the 2nd spot and Paulie Bosnich in the mix. Brian Payn won a heat and a second, Small had a spark plug fall off in the second heat, JJ Walls got pitched out in the third, leaving Paulie Standing tall.

Paul
    Brian Payn
    Tim Small

350H
    First try was a bust as Jon Eldredge and Ike Yoder collided in the first turn, to call a halt to the heat, with both drivers staying in the boat and are ok. Jon's boat took the brunt and was not seen again, while Ike repaired his and came back for the 2nd, and 3rd heats. In the rerun, All three of the eligible boats jumped the gun and the heat was called. 2nd and 3rd heats were all Amy Nydahl as she showed her rooster tail to Gary Buskirk, brother Kurtis, and Ike.

Amy
    Gary
    Ike

125H
    You talk about mixed up like cement, whew as ten of them hit the starting line with 4 of them jumping the gun and 3 more unable to finish, it left Todd Anderson with a win, Ray Hammond finishing 2nd.
    The next two heats were run with a calmness unlike that first heat as Pete Kelly won a heat and Todd finished 2nd, with Ray Hammond for a 3rd.
    Well calmness is relative when you see David Jones in the first turn rise above the spray about 15 feet in the air, our safety director Fred Mason was on the radio warning us that David had gone over, only to look again and he was back on the water and passing people, Unbelievable safe by David.
    Todd unable to keep the motor running in the 3rd heat watched a win go to Ray Hammond of Bartow, Fl as he put 3 heat finishes together for his 2nd USTS 125H win.

Ray
    Todd
    Pete Kelly

500R
    These 100mph rockets with 10 of them is breathtaking and this one was a donny brooke. Andrew Thirlby came on like a house of fire in the first heat after seeing Tim Small take the lead only to have an issue and sat on the water to watch. Kurtis Nydahl figuring that a 2nd would serve him well was correct, in fact combine another 2nd with a first and you have the winner of the 500R category.

Talking to Kurtis Dad Pete, He said Grandpa Ray nor I could ever figure out a runabout, I always blew them over, Kurtis, I think he has them figured out.

Ray

Thanks for the update Ray! What happen to K PRO? Thought they ran on Sat? Your announcing and web reports are really appreciate. Wish I could have made it, but health problems with Mom again interfered. R. C.

Comment

Yes Thanks Ray! It sucks not being there. Hope Jeff heals up. Zach

Comment

Sorry to the K-Pro folks, as Parker Thirlby went out and scored two heat wins on Saturday with Brianna Payn and Lyndsy Mc Grath in the 2nd and 3rd spots both heats. Maxine Pulsipher is joining up with us but did not start on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
        X