2006 races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 races

Any report on 2006 race schedule from meeting.
    Tom

Kristi: how come they have moved hammond to where constantine was...??? that would mean your brother would have to find another christmas tree to climb and decorate...

amy

Comment

USTS Schedule

I have to follow up on a couple things and than I will post the proposed schedule. I will know on Thurdsay. We have flip flopped the Constantine and Hammond races to support the Hammond Lake Festival which the race will be a part of it means the city provides things like ambulance and divers and saves a substancial amount of $$. It also means we don't have to fight Chicago traffic to get to DePue. This will be Constanitne's 50 year racing anniversary so Joe is hoping for a great turnout and I think we can provide that based on the turnout in Hammond this past year.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
      Tomtall 06

Comment

USTS Proposed Races for 2006:

Mar 31-Apr 2 Inverness,FL
        May 26-28 Omaha, NE
        Jun 23-25 DePue, IL
        July 21-23 Hammond,IN
        July 26-30 DePue, IL PRO Nationals
        Aug 18-20 Constantine, MI
        Sep 1-3 Haines City, FL
        Oct 6-8 Raleigh, NC

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

confused

id like to know who decided inverness is going to be a title series race. i went there last year to support our club.which i thought was running that race.now all of a sudden it becomes a pro race WHO MADE THIS DECISION and personally that lake is not big enough for 12 of them boats in one heat. who,s running the CLUB and who,s making these decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
            USTS Proposed Races for 2006:

Mar 31-Apr 2 Inverness,FL
            May 26-28 Omaha, NE
            Jun 23-25 DePue, IL
            July 21-23 Hammond,IN
            July 26-30 DePue, IL PRO Nationals
            Aug 18-20 Constantine, MI
            Sep 1-3 Haines City, FL
            Oct 6-8 Raleigh, NC
            Two Florida USTS - Nice!

I hope OSY gets added to as many USTS races as possible.

Comment

Osy 400

OSY is on the schedule for Inverness...I hope you guys have as good a turnout as you did in Raleigh.
              Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by wdlong1226
                id like to know who decided inverness is going to be a title series race. i went there last year to support our club.which i thought was running that race.now all of a sudden it becomes a pro race WHO MADE THIS DECISION and personally that lake is not big enough for 12 of them boats in one heat. who,s running the CLUB and who,s making these decisions.

I'm not 100% sure but I belive that the city came to Kristi Ellison and asked if the USTS would put the race on this year... It's either Inverness or Haines City

Comment

any chance osy will be on at depue in june

steve

Comment

OSY will not be on the June DePue race. Your best bet for OSY on the Series is Raleigh, Inverness and either Hammond or Constantine. The USTS has nothing whatsover against OSY. We are getting too big as it is in refernce to number of classes. The only "true" USTS classes are A B & C. M or 125 was brought on later and KProH originally was run before the race with a couple of scorers on the judges stand. The racing took about 3 hours MAX! Now it takes 4 hrs on a good day. When you are trying to keep the crowds attention you have to try your best to keep it short.

Last year was a big change over in personnel and now that we have learned what we need to do we will work very hard to keep it moving and trim the time between heats. Adding classes even good ones is not feasible at this time. The BOD and the members at the meeting were extremely humbled by the petition we received from the OSY drivers. We need to keep working on what we have now before we even consider adding any other classes i.e. 175 or OSY etc..

You are all welcome to come play with us we have plenty of variety in the classes we currenlty run and a well rounded schedule.

As for the post from the angry person in Region 5. Brandon is correct I was asked to do this race. I think it is unacceptable to "rip" on your own club, especially in public, because of scheduling conflicts. Anyone who has never tried to put a race together from start to finish should not criticize... it is hard and time consuming and thankless. Paul is doing the best he can with the resources he has to work with maybe you could consider helping him out instead of hindering.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

OSY in June?

Originally posted by niesenracing
                      any chance osy will be on at depue in june

steve
                      we always race OSY 400 in DePue during June

Bill III
                      Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

The Stock Race....

Originally posted by ProHydroRacer
                        NOT TRUE, See 2005 Schedule below:
                        Saturday, June 18, 2005
                        04020 - 250CCR
                        04040 - 500CCR
                        04190 - K PRO H
                        04200 - 125CCH
                        04220 - 350CCH
                        04230 - 500CCH

Sunday, June 19, 2005
                        04010 - 125CCR
                        04030 - 350CCR
                        04190 - K PRO H
                        04210 - 250CCH
                        04260 - 1100CCH

ProHydroRacer
                        I believe Bill was refering to the stock/mod race the week after the June Title Series Race.
                        17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

OSY USTS DePue Race

Thanks for clearing that up I thought I was having a senior moment

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                          X