Chances ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances ???

Is there any chance of the US title series coming back to Pineville lousisana ?
    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
    Cell#: 318-794-4515

I sure hope so. Even though I don't race with them, I sure do like to watch them race. I'd like to see the PRO Nationals at Alex again too.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

i think it should!!! that was an amazing race course!! very pretty and really smooth...when there isn't a hurricane blowin over it... i think we should try really hard to get a race site back there again...what was the reason we stopped again, i don't think i ever heard...???

amy

Comment

If yall ever did race here agian , I could get some participation for you , but it would be in the OSY400 Hydro class .
        John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
        Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
        Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
        Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
        Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

good luck

Good luck guys but I don't think you will have any. I tried last year to get them to come back for 2005 and even offered to raise whatever money they needed, but for some reason they did not want too. That is why I got rid of my 125.

Mark

L22

Comment

The USTS has no bad feelings towards Alex it is one of the best courses in the country. In order to get sponsor money an organization needs exposure to the public and as much public as you can get. Alex provides everything except that and it is a long haul for a lot of teams. The last 2 years we raced there we had a low driver turnout. The USTS never said we would not come back we are currently exploring other options and sites right now. When we race in city parks we have a larger public draw and this affords the opportunity to get sponsor money. This year we opted Ralegih over Alex and it looks like it will be very successful. I appreciate the interst from the LA folks and if we decide to race there in the future I will be sure to take you up on your offers to help organize the race.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
            Tomtall 06

Comment

Alex

I sure missed the trip to Alex, as it is one of my favorite places to race and I love the food at Tonk's.

But it ws not working out for the USTS for the reasons that Kristi sited above. Economically, it was loss for the club and did not draw a good attendance in 2004. We lost a few Florida entries due to the potential of hurricaine, but we really failed to draw boats from the midwest and northeast.

With the exception of a few drivers in Texas and LA, it was a 10+ hour drive for the rest.

I believe that in order to put on a successful USTS race in Alex that we need an early date in the year (late April or May) and we need to sponsorhip money of $10,000+.

I realize that is a lot of money. Other clubs and programs can run their races for less. But the intent of the USTS is to draw boats from across the country and reward the drivers who make the long trips with prize money and tow money.

IF someone can raise that kind of money for the USTS, I would be in favor of returning!
              David Weaver

Comment

Prize and tow money

Just curious, what amount of money are we talking about here?
                I think stock and Mod are going to need to step up to the plate in this regard with fuel costs rising.
                77G

Comment

Prize and Tow

This varies race to race. But when ask people to drive 1o+ hours, any tow money is appreciated. USTS prize money is graduated based on the number of entries and there is a pool of money for the season.

Sometimes I have gotten nothing and sometimes it has been $50 to $75 for tow. Again prize money can vary widely. I have gotten nothing for a 2nd place finish at a club sponsored race and $100 for second at a sponsored race and $75 for a third. Notice, I that I do not know what first pays.

I believe that offering tow money is a good incentive to attract drivers, especially with gas so expensive. I would put ahead of prize money. We went to a race in North Carolina at a crappy little town and a crappy little course. Thet offered $100 per boat tow money. We had over 100 entries!! Sponsor did not have enough money and had to cut back to $50 pr boat, but still good enough in 1980.
                  David Weaver

Comment

Tow Money....

Well food for thought, I have a 2004 Doadge Ram pickup, and I pull an enclosed trailer. It costs me $85.00 for one tank full of gas when it is around $2.80 a gallon. To incent more drivers to come, they need to find more than the $20.00 we sometimes get for the Ocoee race Winter Nats.

If sponsorship could be obtained and pay out to each team that pulled a trailer or put a boat on top of the car, something like $200.00 or more, it would certainly incent a lot more folks to come, it would me. Entry fees, are not an incentive, prize money is somewhat, but tow money can be a decision maker.
                    Dave Mason
                    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Gunthersville Al.

Kristi,

At one time I thought I saw on the USTS schedule that Gunthersville Alabama was a prospective race site. Just wondering what ever happened to that?

Josh Kimble
                      L-32

Comment

Gunthersville

You probably saw that on meeting minutes. I was told it is or was not sure a great site if we could get it. My Dad and Ed Thirlby went out there a few years back and I am not sure why they did not get the site. Bill Tetro also tells me it is a great place. Do you have any information about it??

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                        Tomtall 06

Comment

No, unfortunalty I don't have any info on it. It would be a race close to home and I was just wondering the status of it being on the docket next year.

Comment

Gunthersvillle

I believe Gunthersville hosted the SO Nationals in 1962 but you'll need to find someone even older that me to confirm it. I've seen pictures and the water/site looked good.

Comment

Guntersville

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison
                              You probably saw that on meeting minutes. I was told it is or was not sure a great site if we could get it. My Dad and Ed Thirlby went out there a few years back and I am not sure why they did not get the site. Bill Tetro also tells me it is a great place. Do you have any information about it??

Kristi
                              Hi Kristi,
                              The SO nationals were held there in 1961 & 1962. Very successful. We had the SST45 world championships there in, this is a guess without looking up the date, probably 1990 or close to that. Very nice place to race, draws a crowd and nice people. Plenty of motels and restaurants as well.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X