Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depue Recap

Great Race.

Thanks to all the race officals and volunteers that made it successful. Also, Black Diamond, it is reassuring to have you along looking after us. The Burkland Crew arranged a great dinner Saturday night that was most appreciated after a long day. It is fantastic that such a wonderful family has joined in our racing family, as have several others this year.

Jean Tennell once again arranged for new,awesome T-Shirts for 2005 and the Elderege/Sailer/Thompson crew did a great jod selling the inventory!!! Team work at its best, all around!!! These shirts are a bargain and will be available again at Constantine, MI in July.

Not by name, but a special thanks to the many folks who put away the club trailer and tore down the judges stand. Thanks a million for this thankless job. Thanks fred for working the club safety boat all weekend. We appreciate your being there on the water for us!!

Although not racing in 2005, the Brinkman crew was around and helped many people. It was nice to have them back in the pits, if not on the race course. Our President, Kristi, seemed to be everywhere. We appreciate all her hard work ( we did tell you that President was a 3 year gig, right?).

Interesting Moments:

Saturday, both Nic Nolte and BJ Tetro got their "first time dunks" after taking firsts in 500cc runabout and 125 cc hydro. Awesome guys, as this was their first attempt in the USTS in these classes. Has this ever happened in the USTS, besides the very first race??

Sunday - Denny Henderson is the in the lead of 250cch when the heat is called due to Buddy's flip in turn 2. Denny arrives in the pit without a fly-wheel puller!!! Too bad, he had the 250H to beat.

I hurt my back in the morning lifting an engine for Buddy, who was nursing a sore back from Saturday. No good deed goes unpunished!! 8 Motrins later, I am still in no condition to drive and ask Brandon Thirlby to assume the controls. Man did he do a great job!! Took 2nd against a field of 16 boats. I have never been more nervous in my life, but I was calm compared to Brandon's mom Jackie!! Mike Schmidt drove 3 good heats and most importantly nailed the starts in heat 2 and 3. I think Brandon got Chris on time. AAgain, this will be a shoot-out in July at Depue.

350 runabouts, these guys must have absolute trust in one another. Man do they mix up and no even seems to bat an eyelash. Just super, clean driving!!

Long drive home and in the office at 7:30AM.

Cannot wait for Constantine!!
    David Weaver

u missed a "first time dunk!!!"

Weava...
    you missed someone who got their first time dunk...and even though it kinda pains me to say this, because i was the one to loose to him, Joel Brown won in KPRO for the first time and did a great job, even though he did miss a buoy that first heat cuzza me ...he still did good. i'll get him next time...

amy
    z-14

Comment

Working...
    X