omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omaha

has any one heard anything on how omaha is going?
    89-F
    ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Saturday

Great first day of racing in Omaha. Beautiful weather, exciting competition on a tight race course and a wonderful dinner featuring the Fuchlins Tri-Tip!!

13 250 runabouts required split heats to get down to a field of 10. Tony Judd took a wild ride in the first heat and ended taking a bath in the second turn. Fortunately he was unhurt. I believe that 4 different drivers took heat wins with Mike Krier taking first, Joe Johnson in second and Chris Hellsten in third.

Jeff Kugler dominated 350 hydro, but the Stahl's are gaining on him with their Rossi. Mike thirlby won 500 runabout and this class featured spectacular duels throughout each of the 3 heats. Heart pounding excitement when these boys hook-up.

Tim Small won 125 hydro handily and I think Paulie Bosnich took second. Brandon thirlby had a nasty stuff before the first heat, but he is OK and only minor damage to the boat.

Several new drivers and a good amount of new equipment here. Decent crowd of spectators yesterday and we expect more today.

DW
    David Weaver

Comment

sounds like you guys are having alot of fun up there
      89-F
      ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

anything on sundays racing
        89-F
        ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

bump to top
          89-F
          ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

little soggy on sunday but still raced. don't rember much about results. I would like to thank everybody who helped me get running couldn't have done it without everybodys help.thank you. Had a great time. Ike yoder

Comment

Sunday

I am a little bleary eye from the all nighter on the way home after leaving the trailer in Depue for the June USTS race.

Weather hit us with unexpected drizzle for much of the day. Of course, once the racing was over the sun broke thru and the late afternoon and evening were great.

11 250 hydro's took the water after one scratch due to damage while testing. Everyone got out and the first heat was very busy. Ben Thompson took first overall, Chris Hellsten was second. Brad Barth was third and I was fourth. This class is incredibly competitive and their were a lot of very good 250's that did not attend. I expect that we will have continued shootouts for the rest of the season, as their a 1/2 dozen or boats that win the day on even given weekend.

11 350 runabouts were every bit as competitive. Paul Fuchslin made his long drive worth it by taking first against a tough filed of boats. Several new comers joined the class and we look forward to many more great duels.

Biran Payne won 125 runabout in convincing fashion. This class is building and I expect that it will put on a good show by the time the Nationals begin.

I must apologize to the K PRO drivers as I did not get their results. I know Erin Barth took a swim, but was not hurt in the incident. Seems like these guys were a little eager on the starts with a few gun jumps.

Thanks to everyone that put this great race together. Each year it has been worth the long drove and the USTS looks forward to returning in 2006. I will post more on the USTS race site later in the week.

Dave
              David Weaver

Comment

thanks for the info sounds like that was a fun race
                89-F
                ,ASH,AXSH,OSY-400,20SSH

Comment

Kph

Ryan Barth won his first race in KPH, Kyle Anderson got 2nd, Brennan Burkland was 3rd (his first top 3 finish) and Erin was 4th.

Thanks to Brennans Mom for wonderful job setting up and coordinating the drivers party.

Kristi

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
                  Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                  X