2012 ZAK Award winner is named.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 ZAK Award winner is named.....

Mike Krier and I are proud and happy to announce the 2012 winner of the Harry Pasturczak Award, more commonly known simply as the "ZAK" Award, is

Gary Buskirk in 350CC Hydro.

Gary has been one of the top competitors in 350 CC Hydro in USTS for several years now, and his rise to the top came at just the right time as for 2012 it was decided that the award would be for this class.

Gary beat out Amy Nydahl for the award by about 320 points accumulated during the 2012 USTS season.

Gary will be presented the award at the USTS Banquet and Awards ceremony to be held in the Chicago area first week of November 2012.

Before the award is made in Chicago we will be announcing the prizes, both monetarily and equipment wise that Gary will receive, in addition to the large, very unique "traveling" trophy made by Mike Krier and the smaller "to keep" trophy awarded by Eileen and I since the award inception going on almost 20 years now.

CONGRATULATIONS GARY, and well done in a very competitive class, and also the fastest in PRO Hydro racing that does not require a capsule type boat to compete. Stay tuned for further announcements on HR of the quality and quantity of the remainder of the prizes to be awarded.

BTTT for informational purposes

Comment

Congrats Buzzy! I had a blast racing against you all season and I couldn't think of anyone who deserves this more.
      W71

Comment

Congrats

Originally posted by fastgal71 View Post
        Congrats Buzzy! I had a blast racing against you all season and I couldn't think of anyone who deserves this more.
        To Gary congrats on a great season and one who is at the ready to help anyone and everyone he encounters. Cannot tell you how many times he volunteered as turn judge, teardown crew member, and just about anythning else that needed attention, for that alone you deserve every good thing to have happen to you and your great family.

To you Amy, what a great year you had and one in which most anyone who follows boat racing and in particular the Title Series was amazed at your ability and stamina to jump from one boat to another and win in whatever class you chose to run.. What a wonderful year we had watching and cheering you on as you were indeed, "FASTGAL."

Ray

Comment

And now the prizes....................

As has always been the case, and especially now based on the down economy, Mike Krier and I are very appreciative of those who have offered contuibutions in maintaining the spirit of helping, as Harry always did, to keep the 2012 ZAK award as one of the top awards in the PRO category and U S Title Series racing.

As was previously announced at the start of this thread, Gary Buskirk of Traverse City, Michigan is the 2012 winner.

As those who are familiar with the award know, the award in Harrys name is made each year for the class in USTS, that based on previous years participation, needs help with participants for the future year of competition. In the almost 20 years that the award has been given, the class chosen has never failed to gain entrants, so it is great to know that the award in his name is fulfilling the way he lived, by helping anyone, anytime, no matter whether they were a customer of his or not.

Harry was instrumental in the success of the first years of USTS, by volunteering his time for Inspector duty, both at USTS races and the DePue Nationals, and others, and also pulled the equipment trailer with the rescue boat and all the other equipment required to put on a race like clock, bouys, etc.

The list of winners of the award read like a "who's who" of PRO racing, and the award is nearing 20 years of being presented. Total cash and merchandise worth approximately 20+ thousand dollars has been given to the winners over that time frame due to the generosity of it's contributors, and Mike and I are deeply grateful to them for continuing to contribute to the award. Many drivers still competing have won championships with his help, and many still keep the little "notes" he used to send along with the goodies he sent to help them stay competitive.

The contributors to the ZAK Award for 2012 are as follows:

David Tenney 250.00 cash
          Bill Tetro 50.00 cash
          Tim Small Graphics for boat or trailer 100.00 value
          Steve Litzell/VRP Shear Pins 100.00 value
          Thrilby Automotive Spark Plugs 200.00 value
          Pete Nydahl Machine Mechanical Services 200.00 value
          Krier Boats Boat Repair 300.00 value
          B&B Electric USTS Membership 2013 75.00 value
          Eileen&Bill Van Steenwyk Permanent Trophy 100.00 value

Several other contributors in the past have not been able to be contacted yet but we expect a few more contributions when we are able to speak with them.

Congratulations again to Gary Buskirk, the 2012 winner of the ZAK Award and thanks again for those who participate each year by contributing to it.

Comment

Working...
          X