Bartlesville Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartlesville Saturday

The last race of the year for the Title Series kicked off this afternoon with a wonderful sponsor, thanks Brent, and great weather. This is a well protected race course set in a cove of a much larger lake. The area like most of the country, is suffering drought conditions and the course became our Bristol. It did not affect great racing on the water, but enhanced it.

First class up was 500H, which was buttressed by a 350 dollar bill, courtesy of Galleta-arreator.com and Debra and Robby Galleta. Doug Hall showed the way winning both heats with a spirited battle in the last heat with Doug taking a half a boat length win over Ike Yoder in that Rex Hall prepared Rossi. Sean McKean finished third. Friday evening a nice get together was held in Sean's Father Jim's honor. Jim passed away a few months ago and we all miss him being with us.

250r came up next, and as they say, ya gotta finish all three heats, and unfortunately Tim Small after winning the first two heats, found himself sitting in the front stretch, watching Rich Krier claim the third heat and the win over all. JP Jedwabny, driving a great steady race, took home the third spot.

125 hydro came up next and Todd Anderson did what he needed to do, to keep his seasonal lead over Kurt Nydahl for the USTS 125 championship in tact. He won one of the three heats with overall winner Brian Palmquist taking it home in a B&H hydro, with Sam Hemp here this weekend. My thanks to Sam for handling a set in our safety boat. Todd finished second overall and Kurt got third.

As some may have heard, Fred Mason, our safety director work horse, had a more than a little scare for us, but is on the mend, and for that we are grateful. Take good care of Marilyn!!!!!! Take care friend and will look forward to seeing you soon.

K-PPro came up with all boats having jumped the gun in the first heat and Jake Quesse wing the second heat and finishing third in the final had enough points to take it all over Zack and Shelby Davis.

350H was all about a friend having fun again at a boat race. Dan Kirts not only had fun, he probably had more fun then than any of the other 350 drivers, as Danny won all three heats in that beautiful Schumacher Hydro. Gary Buskirk finished 2nd in all three with Amy Nydahl finishing third overall.

500r came up next with 7 to start with, as Derek Gesler won the first heat and a second in the next heat to our other young man, Pete Voss. Pete got out front in the heat and was never headed. Mike Thirlby lurking in all three heats. Derek came back in the third heat with taking enough with that win, to take the overall, with Mike second and Pete third overall.

Great spot to race and decent crowd crowned the day. see ya tomorrow when Robby and Debra have posted 1000.00 to win in Top Hydro, rubbin is racin.

Ray
    Last edited by RLR; 09-22-2012, 06:27 PM. Reason: more info

Congrats Danny

Congrats to Danny Kirts. It is awesome to see he still has it. One of the best in the industry right there.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Holy Crap! The last thing I heard when leaving DePue was that Dan would have a hard time competing with the newer engines. Dan Kirts is a wizard (as is Jim Kirts) with the Konigs. I am happy and proud to hear that he is back where he belongs...............in the winner's circle. Way to go, Dan. See you soon...............

Comment

New An OLD

Originally posted by treadguy View Post
        Holy Crap! The last thing I heard when leaving DePue was that Dan would have a hard time competing with the newer engines. Dan Kirts is a wizard (as is Jim Kirts) with the Konigs. I am happy and proud to hear that he is back where he belongs...............in the winner's circle. Way to go, Dan. See you soon...............
        The konig rotary valve style is alive and well as dan and Ike and Amy have shown--the 350 class is the one class with 4 cylinders that konig style motors konny does not produce. Konny has done some small r&d but basicaly this design has not changed that much since 1994.
        Dan and Ike and Brennden run Konigs Amy as well as Jim Wright and Jared and Mark Geskowitzzzzz and David Hooten, Mike Thirlby as well as Tom Borway and Derick Gesler run Konny's any one else running in the 500 and up classes with the konig style i do not remember. So the newer styles still need some work--only time will tell

Pat Wright

Comment

Originally posted by treadguy View Post
          Dan Spanked them

Comment

The King is BACK! Good news/ Bad news............Good news.....Dan is an animal when it comes to making a Konig run its best.............Bad news......I have to race against him. Doesn't get any better than that! Welcome back, Mr. Kirts.

Comment

Working...
            X