Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progression

As I see it.
    Progression is what makes for the future of racing.
    If you have family in racing you're progression will probably not conform to my
    beliefs. So here goes.

Future Boat racers see fast boats on the local pond and get a warm feeling inside (no sex jokes please ,yea right).
    So this used to be a stock outboard on some small pond. Ya would find a boat and motor at a local boat shop and start to race.

As time goes buy your decide to run Modified,from there maybe Pro.
    As your desire for speed and pocket book allows ya move to Inboard or possibly OPC,120, Mod U,Formula one. Then if things go your way Like J Dub
    you get the ultimate and wind up in a Unlimited Hydro.

Today if ya want to test a boat most have to go way back in the woods some
    where and hide. The public hardly even knows there is any organized boat racing let alone gets to see a race.
    You know there used to be two stock, mod, pro races in Hartford Conneticut every year in the 50, 60, and 70's. When we approached them at Hartford this year they were extatic about a race.

First race boat I ever heard and did not see for several weeks after hearing was a Merc toilet bowl B Hydro on a river east of NYC today if you put the same boat in this river..HANDCUFFS FOR SURE.
    So there are alot for us to over come so one thing at a time please. Go find a new or old not used lately site and make it happen and maybe we will grow from there. (Stop fighting over sites and help each other please)

Pat
    Last edited by raceright; 02-14-2010, 03:13 PM.

Pat I agree with every thing you said. And I need to add this about boat racing and in particular about generating new members. I am also like you a Title Series member and its like a great tree in boat racing but every one of us should realize the tree will die if the roots are cut off . Local races are the roots how can you promote some one in to our sport if they only have 6 or 7 races a year and they are all over the US, Drivers need to support the local races if they want our sport to grow.
    Bill

Comment

Pat has a GREAT program scheduled for Hartford over the Labor Day weekend in 2010. Best idea is to join the USTS at Hartford with a divisionals for 700H and some NAC races as well. USTS provides a complete lineup of classes. If you like PRO, this is one of the premier spots for 2010.

Comment

Bill
        If you remember the Title Series was started for several reasons. One being Alkies were having trouble getting race time due to there being to many classes ran over a two day weekend and unlike Stock or mod alkies need test time on a regular basis. You might ask why do they need test time?
        Well everyone who races Pro knows the answers. Not gonna defend this here.
        So the three day three heat format was developed giving one day to testing.
        There are very few regions that have enough Pro's to fill any classes with
        out stepups.

Comment

Working...
        X