Favorite Thing About Racing in DePue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Thing About Racing in DePue

Just wondering if anyone who has raced in DePue could post their favorite thing about racing there....

My favorite thing(s) about DePue

1. The people and the hospitality.

2. Won 2 Championships there after several years of winning 2 heats and then crapping out in one and losing on points even though I had the fastest rig. To win Championships in the same place that you lost them previously makes the winning doubly sweet.

3. (paid political announcement and NOT in order of importance.) All the good times there with my wife Eileen.

Comment

!

Winning!

Comment

Running the "good prop" to win, but losing a blade on the eel/carp/Illinois River monster that wanted to ruin my day. Naughty fish!

Comment

Definitely how there are SPECTATORS lined on the beach for days!!! Something we don't often see at a local outboard race. Also, funny thing about those fish, one of them jumped in my boat right as I was tossed out.
          28-R

Comment

To bad it didn't finnish the race for ya

"The Coffee Guy"
            TEAM CAFFEINE
            Cranked up and ready to Roll

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strengths (Corrie ten Boom)

"Cup of Joe? Not no mo! Kevs Coffee is the only way to go!" (John Runne 09)
            " IF you can find a better cup of coffee... Kev will drink it!" (Michael Mackey 08)

Comment

Tacos. The year was 1961 and it is the first time I had ever eaten a taco. I didn't even know how to pronounce taco, I thought it was with a long a like "taako". But over the long weekend I must have eaten a couple dozen of them.

Comment

12 250 hydros (and runabouts) 10 feet off the shore going 95mph! Freaking amazing!
                Kyle Bahl
                20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Kyle Hannon's story... lol "on your knees"

Comment

Roflmao!

Originally posted by Team B&H View Post
                    Kyle Hannon's story... lol "on your knees"
                    Definitely an All-Time CLASSIC by Stretchy Boy.

R-19
                    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Originally posted by pav225 View Post
                      Winning!
                      Seeing the Pavlicks of course

Comment

DePue

Pit crewing for Troy and Scott!

Comment

Having a beer ( or 2 ) at Paulie's house.

Comment

My best friends live there. Well, they weren't my best friends until I met them at DePue. They just started cheering for the Krier/Payn team and then had a beer together one year, That was probably in the 1960's. Been having beers together and they been cheering ever since.
                            Life just doesn't get any better than the fans in DePue.

Comment

Big Pal,Lil Paulie, and Abbie!!! Doesn't get any better,, and the new girl in the block, Katie

Comment

Working...
                              X