3rd-?

1100 Hydro
    1st-Brandon Thirlby
    2nd-Sean Mckean
    3rd-ike Yoder

Kpro
    1st-Kurt Nydahl
    Not sure of 2nd and 3rd

If you were not there, you missed some VERY good and sportsman like side-by-side racing in several classes. If anyone has photos, please post them

Comment

Kudos

Nice event. Well run ,as usual.

Comment

Pictures

Here are some a friend took.
        Attached Files
        Mark
        G-11
        125H
        When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
        Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

Here are a few photos of our boats in the parade on Sunday. And I had to include the Steam Calliope just because it is so awesome. I had my boat in (Y-200 a 500cc Pro Runabout), Bruce Summers with V-81 his 250cc Pro Hydro and Pete Nydahl with with the boat driven by his son Kurt, a K-Pro. Also a Shot of Race Director Pete Gryskiewicz and part of his family.
          Attached Files

Comment

What a great race! One of the nicest places to race I have been to I a while. Thanks to all who were involved with putting on the race. We will be back year for sure.

Dominic
            Q-24

Comment

Thanks Tim for the photos of my greatest pride and joy, My kids and grandkids

Comment

Thank you Pete, (and everyone who helped him), for a great race and now my number one race site of all time. (Edging out Pineville by a smidgeon).

A beautiful park, kid friendly too. We are the stars of the week end, and that hardly ever happens. The whole town turns out to watch us. The USTS was right-on by continuing to support this race. It is easy to see why there were 2 nationals on this site in the past.

To those who thoght the race was "too far" to travel to, please remember the Grysko team who has brought 2 tailers to ALL of the races that were "too far" for them.

Hope all can make it next year. If not you not only miss out on the best race of the year, but you just might lose a little bit more respect from those of us who travel to support all of the USTS races.

Pro Payn Racing

Comment

Thanks, Connie for you kind words and prophetic prognosis. Also thanks to all who helped make this thing work: the referee, Connie, Ray R, Bev K, Shirley S, Tammy B, Sue W, etc, etc, etc, and a very special thanks to Keith Summers who was there for every one of my "quick needs" solutions. Also thanks to Monica and the rest of the Steamboat Days group for their support and assistance

Comment

Nationals site

Lets be honest , unless something is done in the next few years , Lake DePue will be lost as a race site due to shallow water , which would indeed be a sad day. The village of DePue and the Men's club are doing everything that can possibly be done to prevent that , but when you are dealing with government red tape and big business that could care less about the town of Depue , it seems all but inevitable. When the nationals left DePue in the late 70's they went to Winona , any chance of a return there Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by racingfan1 View Post
                      When the nationals left DePue in the late 70's they went to Winona , any chance of a return there Pete.
                      I wish they could be in Winona also. It is a vary nice site to race at.
                      Mark
                      G-11
                      125H
                      When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

The PRO Nationals return to Winona is a premature discussion at this point. You must have noticed that this race includes only the USTS classes of PRO racing

Comment

a poorly phrased question.

I did not mean anything by the post Pete, I am sorry. I guess I should have asked if the interest is there if and when the Nationals were to leave DePue.
                          I hold out hope that something will happen in the near future and Lake DePue will get the work done it so badly needs. But the reality is every year it floods another layer of silt lines the bottom and decreases the depth of the lake. I would hate to see the USTS loss it as a race site. Not only DePue but the Illinois Valley area really supports the Nationals every year and boat racing does help the local economy. There was even a decent crowd this weekend for the Stocks and Mods and they to would loss a race site that they have been coming to for many years.

Comment

Racingfan1, do not apologize!!
                            My answer reads considerably different than it speaks. Let me try again! At this time, the discussion is premature. The USTS program at Steamboat Days is a popular and well received event. The site would be a great site for a national event, it could even be a surveyed course as it was in 1975 and I am sure would break records right and left. But right now I am still in the beginning stages of developement of the sponsoring group and the park site. Perhaps as we progress toward a bigger event, we might find an additional sponsoring club in Winona who would be interested in helping promote and finance a large event. At this time the Steamboat Days group gives me only a limited amount of time and hours on the schedule to entertain their citizens.
                            I do not know who you are, but I would like to meet you to discuss these kinds of things more. Please find me at another USTS race

Comment

Check your PM pete

Comment

Working...
                              X