USTS and the state of Florida what happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS and the state of Florida what happen

Just wondering what happen to Pro series racing in the state of Florida? before you answer or send me a nasty PM no I have no hidden agenda and no I am not starting trouble. I am only asking because I do not know! nothing more so please don't make this into a federal offense I want to know what happen so why not ask.

I am very serious about this If you can answer without acting like I did something wrong then by all means please feel free to reply.

Thanks
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Reply from a USTS Board Member

I will do my best to respond per Dan's request, but as of late I have been censored here so who knows.

As I understand it, the City of Inverness and the involved Rotary Clubs expressed serious reservations regarding their annual event for 2009 due to the severe decline in the local economy and the loss of a siginficant financial sponsor. The City and Rotary Clubs elected to hold a more modest event (which our races had been part of) in 2009. Much work has already been done to arrange a return to this wonderful city and race course for 2010.

The Race at Lake Wales was still a possibility, however, we had to secure sponsorship. At the time of the USTS Board meeting in November, we were doubtful of a race happening at Inverness and we received comments from several teams expressing doubts about making the Spring trip to Florida. Some wonderful individuals in Florida worked on pulling together an event for Lake Wales, but the feedback increased from teams that their 2009 race plans did not include a trip down to Florida in the Spring. It was decided to forgo the Florida races for 2009 rather than risk a weak turnout and a financial failure.

The people who worked so hard to organize a race at Lake Wales deserve our thanks. They were greatly disappointed, but the Board made a tough decision. Planning for 2010 has already started as mentioned above. Hopefully, the economy will bounce back in 2010 nad sponsors will again feel comfortable in supporting the events.

The past races at Lake Wales and Inverness were very successful due to the strong support of USTS teams in Florida, the midwest and northeast. Frankly, a lot of the teams made siginficant expenditures to compete in the 2008 World Championships and are still in "recovery" mode. Some individuals have lost jobs or have more important economic priorities than racing boats.

In a partial attempt to make-up for these two lost races, the USTS will hold a double event st the Spring DePue race over Memorial Day weekend.

The Board of the USTS is disappointed about the loss of these fine races in 2009. No doubt that the members in Florida are disappointed as well. We are working to returm to both sites in 2010 with the desire and hope of conducting quality racing with full fields of boats.
    David Weaver

Comment

Thanks Dave have a safe 2009 season.
      HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
        Hopefully, the economy will bounce back in 2010 nad sponsors will again feel comfortable in supporting the events.
        Huh, huh, you said nad.
        Ryan Runne
        9-H
        Wacusee Speedboats
        ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Well said DW and thanks for your factual comments

Comment

Working...
          X