X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DePue Sanction

APBA Race Circular
    Sanction ID 2266

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Regatta Spring DePue 2009
    Date 2009-05-20 thru 2009-05-24
    Sanction Status Tentative Region # 7
    Conducting Club U. S. TITLE SERIES Club# 314
    Co-Host Marvin Windows
    Application Date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Place DePue , IL Lake DePue

Directions Interstate 80, exit Route 89 (Spring Valley exit) south and turn at Route 29. Take Route 29 west to DePue. Watch for town sign. Take Lincoln Ave. (local road) to Marquette Street. Marquette St. west into town and over tracks to downtown area. South on any side street to pits at Lake DePue.

Accommodations In Peru - La Salle - Oglesby: Comfort Inn 815-223-8585 Econo Lodge 815-224-2500 Days Inn 815-883-9600 Fairfield Inn 815-223-7458 La Quinta 815 224-9000 Camping on grounds.

ClassesNone Found

Wed and Thurs testing 1200-1800 all classes Friday:250R,350H,500R Intermission KPH,125H,500H Saturday: 125R,250H,350R,175H(2heats) 1100H Intermission 125R,250H,350R,175H(2heats) 1100H Sunday:250R,350H,500R Intermission KPH,125H,500R This is 2 races over 3 days and will be scored as 2 races.Schedule may be adjusted at the discretion of the race committee. Testing times Fri,Sat and Sun will be determined by the race committee.
    Format/Rules NOT approved for records. Format/Rules: 4 laps of an approx. 1 mile course for classes, except KPH, which will run 3 laps.Clock start - all other classes.

Prizes Olympic Style Medallions; Prize Money will be mailed by check according to USTS rules. Must be member of U.S. Title Series to qualify for prize money. Medals awarded 15 minutes after each day of racing.

Registration Wednesday and Thursday In Pits - 0900-1600 Friday and Saturday:0800-0900 Sunday NO Registration. May Register on-line at www.ustitleseries.org - E-mail webmaster for log-on and password.

Drivers Meeting Friday 1000 Saturday 0800 Sunday 1100

Send Entries To NO Mail in Registration. May Register on-line at www.ustitleseries.org - - E-mail webmaster for log-on and password. Or Register at race site.
    Entry Fees KPH 15.00 for 1st race 10.00 for second race All other classes 35.00 for 1st race 20.00 for second race.

Officials
    Inspector: EDWIN G THIRLBY 145 ROMAN DR TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684-8134
    Inspector: REX HALL JR 5495 W GALE ROAD SMITHVILLE, MO 64089-8453
    RaceDir: KRISTI ELLISON 6208 BURNSIDE PLACE FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28311-2923
    Referee: CONNIE PAYN 4201 INDIAN BOUNDARY ROAD CENTER POINT, IA 52213-9505
    RiskMan: PAUL BOSNICH II PO BOX 844 DEPUE, IL 61322-0844
    Scorer: SHIRLEY A SUMMERS 36788 N HELEN DR LAKE VILLA, IL 60046-5412

Notes *Drivers may not test until they have registered.* - Please follow USTS dress code. - A $50 charge will be collected by the USTS from anyone destroying a buoy. - When applicable tow money may be paid amt determined by the USTS. Conducting Club is responsible for payment of the Region 7 Safety Fund fee of $10/sanction day, payable to the Region 7 Chairman, Dee Berghauer, 1505 Woodside Ln., Elm Grove Village, WI 53122-1982.

This Regatta is Sanctioned through the APBA
    All prizes are the reponsibility of the conduction club. APBA does not guarantee nor is it responsible for payment of prizes. You are advised this event may be canceled prior to the race due to cir***stances beyond the control of this association. If you plan to travel a long distance, it is recommended you contact the race sponsor prior to your departure to ensure this event will take place.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Will there be tow money?
    Nic Thompson

www.tbrboats.com

Comment

Test time

This is the first race of the year, why have everyone sit around until noon before testing? You should have 8 hours of testing for a 2 race schedule. Teams will have trouble getting everything right, and it may take 2 or 3 hours to fix something if it goes wrong, with an extra 2 hours of testing it would make for better racing come Friday.

Comment

You have 12 hours of testing not including 2 hours on Friday for a total of 14 hours.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
        Tomtall 06

Comment

Originally posted by nicf14 View Post
          Will there be tow money?
          We're also interested in an answer to Otis' question, so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.
          Jon Eldredge Jon Eldredge

Comment

DePue Tow Money

The honest answer is that we do not know. I suggest that you plan on zero and be pleasantly surprised if there is some. There is additional cost for the second weekend's worth of racing. I appreciate the expense of travel as much any one, as I usually travel alone and eat all of it (have for years). Consider if you can leave your trailer in the DePue area afterwards and the value of an easier trip for Winona, Constantine or the Nationals (or any 2 or all 3). I am not being flippant here. I know this year is tough as year we have faced. Do the best that you can to support the club and know that the club is doing the best it can to support you.
            David Weaver

Comment

tow money

Let me get this straight. The Title Series turned down a Florida race that had $10,000 and they said they would make it up with a big race in Depue. The racers will have to take almost a week off to make this double race, and there probably will not be any tow money. This race will cost twice as much for motels and meals, but you think you don't have to pay any tow money because you think that everyone will show up for the first race anyway?
              The way the sanction reads, Marvin windows is sponsoring the race so why can't the Title Series come up with tow money to get the boats there in this economy?

Comment

What is tow money?
                Ryan Runne
                9-H
                Wacusee Speedboats
                ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

Good Question Ryan

Originally posted by ryan_4z View Post
                  What is tow money?
                  Maybe the Obama administration will distribute it with the rest of my tax dollars!!!!! Otherwise, you need the tow money fairy....
                  David Weaver

Comment

Rex et.al

The race in Depue will cost $9000 to put on. We will get $5000 in sponsor money, care to tell the BOD where we can find tow money? If we have any left after we pay the bills we will look at some tow money....you would know that if you had cared to read the sanction.

If there was $10,000 for a race in Florida perhaps that should have been communicated to the USTS BOD.....any one of them so we might have known that a race was being planned well before the sanction was due. There was a couple of guys who were told the Florida race was on and they worked their butts off trying to make it happen...but the details or the fact it was being planned was NEVER communicated to myself or anyone else until it was past the sanction deadline and too late for anyone to plan to attend.

There are a lot of you who want to spend your time internet racing and commentating on half truths but when it comes down to attending meetings and helping your all too busy. If you want to put USTS business on the internet I would appreciate, as do the rest of the non whining members, you get your facts straight.

As to your comments on the extra expense of 2 extra days of test time and hotels, I had hoped you had saved the money and vacation time by not going to Florida this year.

We are doing the best we can in these economic times to keep this club going in the manner it has in the past.....while still having day jobs and family responsibilites. If you don't like the way we are running the USTS by all means put your hat in the ring during the next round of elections and do it better. This is an expensive hobby and it is supposed to be fun...if I had wanted all this BS over half truths and misinformation I would run for the senate. Next time you want a straight answer send me an email.
                    Last edited by Kristi Ellison; 04-13-2009, 09:12 AM.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

Tomtall 06

Comment

Working...
                    X