Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 USTS Schedule

May 20-24 DePue, IL
    There will be 2 races over 3 days Friday ,Sat and Sun. Testing on Wednesday and Thursday.

June 18-20 Winona, MN
    We will have racing on Thursday evening, Friday Evening and all day Saturday.
    There is also built in test time each day. I will release the schedule soon.

July 24-26 Constantine, MI

July 29-Aug 2 DePue, IL PRO Nationals We have working out a few minor schedule changes to accomadate those participants who wish to race at both the stock and PRO Nationals.

Oct 9-11 Raleigh, NC

I hope everyone has had a nice quiet winter off and you are now getting your equipment geared up to come out and play. I will come back and update as we have more information.

Kristi Z-22

PRO Commissioner

APBA BOD

"Ask not what your racing organization can do for you...Ask what you can do for your racing organization"
    Tomtall 06

Kristi:

Pete told me about the possibility of Friday racing, but not about Thursday. Will the schedule be ready soon? This will make a difference on us making the trip.

Joe

Originally posted by Kristi Ellison View Post
    May 20-24 DePue, IL

June 18-20 Winona, MN
    We will have racing on Thursday evening, Friday Evening and all day Saturday.
    There is also built in test time each day. I will release the schedule soon.

Comment

Winona

testing Thursday afternoon
      testing Friday afternoon
      racing Friday evening (5pm-8pm)
      racing Saturday

-Jared

Comment

Tow Money

Tow money for each 2009 USTS race should be publisized ASAP so as to ensure a better turnout. With this economy, tow money will be a make or break for many teams.

Comment

Winona

Testing on Thursday and racing on Friday will hurt a lot of racers in this economy. Having to be there for Friday racing will mean a lot of teams will have to take 2 days off work to get there, if they want to run good.

Comment

Thanks Jared

[QUOTE=gryskoG55;127553]testing Thursday afternoon
            testing Friday afternoon
            racing Friday evening (5pm-8pm)
            racing Saturday

-Jared[/QUOT

We had something,like this one year at Zanesville and it worked really well. We actually raced Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (which was a little much!!!!).

DW
            David Weaver

Comment

Because Winona is such a gorgeous place to race, we are trying very hard to accomodate the wishes of the Steamboat Days Festival. We have decided that a "teaser" program late on Friday afternoon will enhance the spectator participation on Saturday, where USTS is the headliner. Then on Sunday we will not be in competition with their parade, which is the Sunday headliner. I am still negotiating tow money with the SD Festival, as the economy is also hard on them. I will be pleased to post available tow money as soon as I finish these negotiations

Comment

Tow Money

Pete
                How is your negotiating going for tow money
                for Winona?? It would be nice to know so we
                can make plans for the RACE.
                Tom

Comment

I can tell you there WILL be tow money to Winona distributed according to the USTS tow money schedule. I have not yet conclude my sales calls and therefore I do not yet know the total available funds, but I can say it will fall into the 4 or 5 ro 6 or 7K amount. This translates into a guess of 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 cents per mile one way per TRAILER, mileage measured in a straight line from garaged zip code to race zip code.
                  Tom, this is the best information I can provide right now.

Comment

This is an invitation to come to Winona! Protected race site, beautiful park, camping accomodations, many hotels/motels very close to the site, exellent restaurants close by, great festival activities, great folks to work with. I have promised and committed that USTS will bring LOTS of participants to the North American Championships in 250H and 350R at the East lake. There will be tow money distributed according to the USTS tow money schedule, amount yet to be determined. This is a site with a future if we can support it properly. I need 87 boats to register for this huge extravaganza in order to look like the professional organization that we are. Please help me make good on my committments and the USTS look good to the SD Festival. Plan your trip to Winona for June 18-19-20 for one of the best races of the season. Look for the powerpoint listing of the actual schedule on the USTS website soon to be published.

Comment

Refer to the USTS website for information on the '09 season schedule. As of today, the tow money for Winona will exceed $6K, distributed according to the USTS tow money schedule on a per TRAILER schedule. I call this "my race" and as such I can say this will be the best race of the season. Please come and enjoy the North American Championship competition in 250H and 350R and the beautiful vacation area in the Hiawatha Valley of Minnesota. If you are interested in displaying your equipment in their parade, please let me know as I will be selecting participating equipment between now and June 1, 2009. Send me a PM or volunteer on this site and I will contact you. This is really going to be a fantastic event!!!

Comment

Complete information about Winona is now posted on the USTS website
                        Tow money distribution is based on the USTS formula and depends on the number of particpants and the straight line distance from Winona to the TRAILER's home zipcode. Might be 30 or 40 cents per calculated mile

Comment

Brandon Thirlby
                          Please send me your email address as I wish to ask for your help in Winona race promotions

Comment

bthirlby@thirlbyautomotive.com

Do I get to judge the Ms. Steamboat Competition?

Comment

Working...
                            X