Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 OMC mod

25 Mod guys-
    curious to know..what's a good redline for these engines?
    do you use props specific to the OMC or can you use a B-mod or C-stock prop.?..
    does the engine have any preferences regarding fuel octane, fuel brand, or oil type?

I looking for a baseline so I can know if I'm going in the right direction.
    Thanks

It should like 25XS and B MOD HotRod Props.
    Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

25 Mod OMC Data

bfitz,

Here is the data from my experience with the 25 OMC. The "Tiny Tach" reading is close to 7500 RPM`s. @ WOT. Prop selection can change this reading, but typically this is close to the Maximum and continue to stay together.
      I have found that my best B Hot Rod props used on the 25 Mod to be a bit small for the average size race courses. Depending on set up, a Mercury, C Mod prop used with a 16-21 Mercury gearfoot works well. I`m not familar with the Yamato C class prop combinations.
      Racing fuel with Pennsoil synthetic oil in an 8 -1 ratio always passes the fuel tests, even though I`m not sure the higher octane is needed or even an advantage. Never sure what oxygenating compunds, Ethanol, or other additives are present in pump gas blends ( APBA designates a legal local fuel source near the race site).
      Other 25 OMC drivers may have different opinion. Best of luck with the OMC 25 project.
      Ron Whittaker 25Y

Comment

Brian,

My "BEST" wheel that I ran with you in B-MOD / Whitney point 2004, is a old Hopkins "mouse-ear" 7 1/4"X14 C-MOD 16/21 ratio- wheel that I got from David L-6.

I will have my 2003 short tower motor avail to try if you want to try it at; Franklin, Warren, Loch Haven, Williams port, Waterford Ont, Franklin MOD NATS, Crystal Lake, Hanawa Falls.

Hope to see ya out there----IN MY WAKE!!!!

19P
        Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-26-2005, 11:09 PM.
        100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Working...
        X