Help With 25SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With 25SS

Helping new driver get "knee-time" with a Merc 25SS. Need care and feeding directions: plugs, jets, timing, et al.

Thanks very much!

Anyone got any help for craig?
    Sean Byrne

Comment

Pull the chord and Go

Craig,
      Give me a call - 631-722-3160. We're always looking for more 25's to get going. However I don't know if is in your best interest to ask me!!!
      Dave

Comment

get ahold of Dave Scott (crankbearing) he can help you out with that info...

Comment

25ss

I switched from L61Y to NGK BUHW plugs which work well. The carb is fixed jet. Watch out for cracks in the top end cap and in the old style towers. Change the lower unit grease often, with Lupriplate 105 and grease the nose cone regularly. Get a good 3 blade prop and go fast.

Comment

25ss

Sounds like Mark is getting serious! Ya'll going to be at Wilson?

Comment

25ssH

We Need To Get Alot More 25ssh At Wilson! Oh Yea Has Anyone Figured Out The Dates?
              DUSTIN HAMILTON TOP GUN RACING 11-Z
              No Backing Out

Comment

If you have a late model mag, I have support plates that prevent the top bearing carrier from break'n ears / bolt tabs (3). They are lazer cut from stainless-----$75....can post pic. ......T.J. Johnston may have a couple left that I sent him for stock.....T.J. ?

My Merc 25SS / 25MOD has a kc-16a carb with adjustable main jet. I hear fixed jet works well..........what jet do most run on closed exhaust motor and piped motor?

Will check timing on mine if I can hold time'n light and 1/2" drill to run crankshaft with a piece of drive shaft stub.....Never changed / checked since I aquired motor from Sam Hemp...........

Will post Wilson date on my 2007 sched thread if anyone knows ?

SEEEE YAAAAAAA.....out there.........IN MY WAKE !.........

19P ......."Does NOT ...play-well ...with ...others.......".
                Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 02-21-2007, 04:18 AM.
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

We used to time ours by aligning the center of the trigger with the split in the crankcase.

Use the bearing cap re-enforcement plate as suggested. .007 to .012 endplay.
                  Engler Custom Paintball Guns

click here for our website

Comment

Working...
                  X