c or cmod or even d engine specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c or cmod or even d engine specs

I was wondering if there are any mercs that are approved for these classes and what are the specs for these engines are? I would personally rather run a merc than one of the imports but how far behind are these engines? I know if I would go out to Steve's place this would be answered but it seems that I have a time issue I don't have any ......lol

I know these are rookie questions so take it easy on me

Frank

quote Paul Elvstrom's famous saying,
    "If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your competitors you have won nothing"

Merc's Legal

Mercs are legal, and they are not as far off the pace as one might think. The rules have been opened up in APBA so much that if one had a lot of time, you could probably make one that would win agaisnt the top Yamatos. Of course it takes some good blocks to start with, which are hard to come by. There was a discussion thread on here a while back on the two port blocks. Maybe someone can find it. That would help you out.

NBRA still has a Merc that does well, Kevin Macafee. His C Merc stuff is in the hunt for sure.

FOr the D stuff, if you want to play with the 40CI stuff, NBRA still runs those. For APBA D Mod is the 44CI. 44XS blocks are legal, 500 blocks, and also 58A blocks are legal. Steve can probably get you part numbers if you need them. SOmeone might have a list they can post, my memory is not to good today on exact part numbers.

If you want a tech manual, you can download one from the APBA website. The rules in APBA and NBRA are pretty much the same as far as tech rules. AOF is identical to APBA if memory serves.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Dave
      I have downloaded the rule book and it has answered a few questions but you are right I need to just go to Steve's ...lol

Frank

quote Paul Elvstrom's famous saying,
      "If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your competitors you have won nothing"

Comment

Working...
      X