Fuel Tank Capacity ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank Capacity ???

I am planning on have some tanks made and rather than guestimate what is needed figure its better to ask. Does any one know what the MPG or gal per hour is on an OMC A and a B hotrod? How about the nominal fuel capacity required for a typical closed course race in A or B. Any difference between hydro and runabout?

At the other end of the spectrum how much fuel do you need to carry for a marathon like Top o' for an ASR or BSR? Assume I won't get lost and wind up in Black Lake... At Top o' with one day ~40 miles and the other ~47 miles do you carry a diffrent fuel load?

Black Lake?

You will never get there........There is a D A M N about 150 yards from my In-Laws place on Black River................
    17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

Dam? ****...

That would present a problem...

Comment

I think the A class use around 3 gallons per day at top o.Get a hold of Chris or Amanda Hagerl.Their on here quite a bit.I have known them and their dad Don for many years they are a great family.
        Bob

Comment

Take the horsepower and divide by 10 to get gallons per hour. A 15 hp OMC A will use approx 1.5 gal/hr. Figure 12 min for a heat (1/5 hr) and you get 0.3 gal. To be safe go to 2 quarts and you'll have plenty for real race courses. You can guess the hp on a Hot Rod and do the same.

Comment

We use about 1/2 gallon tanks on our A's and thats plenty for a 5 mile course, negligable difference hetween hydro and runabout.

Comment

I was told by a couple of the "A" drivers that have run the top"O" a couple of times (at least), that 3 galions would be enuf to do either leg of the race. I built fuel tanks for our boats that would hold close to 3 1/2 Gals, allowing for the air pocket.
              I ran hard on the crooked river leg of the race & ran out before I got back to the Indian River. My Son took it easy accross Burt Lake, compleeeted the whole leg, and only had a cup of fuel left.
              Brett L. 156M

Comment

Working...
              X