102 coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 102 coils

Hey guy's I just talked to Ric at RPM marine about new coils. He said he is out of 102 coils and has not found a replacement yet. He also said he has heard of guy's getting them rewound. Do any of you know where to get them rewound?

Mark
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

102 coils..........

Mark, check with Dudley Malone at ( 405 )-721-0785. I got some new ones from him back in the Spring. Don't know if he still has any now.
    DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Thanks Dick, I will check with Dudley.

Right now I don't know if it is the coils or a bad condenser. So I ordered some new condensers to try first. Then if the problem does not go away I will need new coils or for them to be rewound.

The problem I am having is when I get up to top speed or just about there. The darn thing starts to act like I am playing with the throttle ever so slightly. It never happens on acceleration or in the corners. The other thing is it sometimes likes to run on one cylinder for a few seconds at startup.

Mark
      Mark
      G-11
      125H

[

Comment

My 102 had a miss at top end. You could hear it when getting on plane and it would be missing wide open and not run any faster than about 66 MPH. It would usually run 68 and change ANY time. I also thought this missing was a condenser, but the coils did the trick. Set the points at .016 and the timing at 235 degrees BTDC and you're good to go!
        DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

What you just stated Dick is vary similar to my motor. I can get 66 all day. But have only hit 68 one time. I also can only get 6950 for a top RPM. This may vary well be a bad coil and my problem.
          Mark
          G-11
          125H

[

Comment

Originally posted by Lights
            What you just stated Dick is vary similar to my motor. I can get 66 all day. But have only hit 68 one time. I also can only get 6950 for a top RPM. This may vary well be a bad coil and my problem.
            Your RPM's should be up around 7200 and some change..............my guess would be a coil. Even though it was probably just one that was faulty I changed both...........not cheap!
            DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

What are you using to get your rpm's. I cannot get my tach to work on my 102.

Rick Miller
              34-0

Comment

Tack

Hi Rick, I am using a tiny tack. I forget the model #. But it was designed for 2 cylinders with a spark every 180 degrees. I ordered it straight from the factory with 10 foot Leads. They told me to wrap the red lead three times around one of the spark plug cables and then the rest around the other one. They also said to make sure there was some space between the spark plug cables where the wraps were made. I have about 5/8" between them and get good readings.

Hope this helps,
                Mark
                Mark
                G-11
                125H

[

Comment

Working...
                X