X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 kilos

Originally posted by Al Peffley
    Dan,

I'll bet the shipping to Puget Sound from Europe would be almost as much as the boat is worth in his asking price in US$, but I agree that it would be a great experiment. I would like to start with a Euro-design wood boat first that has a few composite features before I try a more radical, all-graphite composite hull design... Thanks for the input (too bad I couldn't trade him straight across for my pro boat and motor! )

Al Peffley
    15-R/R-25
    bye the way Al,
    that boat weighs 30 kg .... the shipping quote is coming this week... I'm expecting $1000 bid....we'll see
    BOPP

Comment

Boat Weight in Shipping

Dan,

That is one light-weight boat all right! I would think the size of the boat in cubic meters/feet would drive the cost of the shipping from Europe to the west coast. I am interested in what the least expense shipping cost answer is when you get it, and how many options for shipping it you receive.

Al

Comment

Shipping Cost Quote Feedback Request

Dan,

How did your quest for shipping cost quotes for sending a hydro from Europe to Puget Sound go?

Al Peffley

Comment

Hey Al,

Shipping was $1200 to Seattle and 980 to LA ... not bad.... at 65lbs that would be a light OSY boat.... but but take a lot a lead for C stock....

Dan
          BOPP

Comment

European Hydro

Dan,

It sounds like you did not decide to buy the Italian boat. I see that Corin believes that the rules will change so that all new 125cc and 175cc UIM hydros will be required to have reinforced cockpits by 2008 or late 2007. I believe most of the UIM OSY hydros that have also been run as F125's must already have the reinforcement panels installed. I am still interested in a Euro-built OSY/C-mod boat, but I do not have the extra money to purchase one right now. Thanks for the shipping cost feedback. I assume that cost excluded the S&H fees of a box container, preparing the boat, and packing materials. BTW - 65 pounds must be the weight of the composite shell only, without any running hardware on the hull. UIM has a minimum (equipped) hull weight for OSY hydros that is heavier than our lightest OSY boats, since we have no OSY weight restrictions in the APBA or USTS. Is this attached picture like the type of hull you were thinking about buying?

Al
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X