OMC stinger pipe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMC stinger pipe???

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to put a Yamato style stinger pipe on a 45 ci omc?
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

I haven't seen any running, but I've seen pictures of 45's with expansion chamber(s).

There was one in the for sale section here at one time. It may still be listed.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Omc Twins

I have put a chamber on a 45 twin seemed to work ok, but fuel additive(lock washers)LOL .from reed screws stopped test ride very quickly!!My block is late model..ex is out the bottom...not the best..There is an older block..maybe....78 or 79...55 hp..it has 2 pc. ex. cover..looks very easy to make filler blocks & you could use 2 into 1 elbows & slider pipe...(this winters project... ) Pipe should be short & fat with large dia. stinger. I run OMC twin in D-MOD hydro up here in the great white north..CBF rules.works good...
      Single barrel carbs only. I use closedup ex.Not a rule, just my choice for now. Will put some pics. on later..Need kids to show me how...D.D.

Comment

A TON of Work

They work, but it is a ton of work to get them right and matched to the motor, or the motor matched to them. I have seen very few that truly work. Lots are okay, but only a couple that really work and are competitive in SEH (FEH)

John Sharp has one that is faster than heck, with chambers. Messed with it for years before it got fast, and now I think it became a lot of maintance to keep it running fast.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

The thought was to use short tower and an off the side 2 into one sliding stinger pipe. I already have the powerhead and two 2 barrel carb set up. What do you guys think?..if you took a boat like a 250 hydro, unpluged the alky burner and pluged in a 45 omc would you stand a chance in FEH? assiming of coarse the boat was set up properly... with not a lot of lift, and could be driven wide open useing only the pipe in the corner?
          Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Comment

No Chance

I think you would get beat by most current Formula E's. Much more to it than bolting a pipe on.
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
              The thought was to use short tower and an off the side 2 into one sliding stinger pipe. I already have the powerhead and two 2 barrel carb set up. What do you guys think?..if you took a boat like a 250 hydro, unpluged the alky burner and pluged in a 45 omc would you stand a chance in FEH? assiming of coarse the boat was set up properly... with not a lot of lift, and could be driven wide open useing only the pipe in the corner?
              The two cylinder, Two - Two barrel Carb motor is a power house. The pipe takes a lot of work, but can be done. A 250 boat should work well for that motor and the speeds you will be running. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mike
              Sattler Racing R-15
              350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
              TEAM VRP
              The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

I think a P/M to John Runnie csh2z would shead alot of light on the 45 motor.
                He has/had a complete rig for sale. It has a single fixed pipe (jet-ski type) on side of tower and makes bo-koos of power/speed.....

Getting it dialed in has been another thing...............

If he he replys here or you send P/M could be very valuable.

19P
                100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Sonny

YO sonny focus on that CMH.......

Comment

Working...
                  X