2 cycle oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 cycle oil

I'm new to this, having recently purchased an ASH, everything I've read and been told to date regarding fuel/oil mix suggests a 25:1 ot 30:1 ratio ... is that pretty much what everybody runs? how 'bout brand of oil ... Amsoil appears popular, any other suggestions, does anybody use any of the OMC or Merc OEM stuff?

Thanks
    Tom
    Tom
    ASH #44ce
    ON., Canada

Nothing here yet? Help the new guy out!

I'll give my 2 cents...

I use Amsoil Elimiator 2-cycle mix
    I use Petro-Canada 87 octane fuel
    I mix 30:1
    I use Splitfire Sparkplugs (forget the number off hand... regular OMC 15hp fishing number)

I know there are tricker plug setups, and higher quality fuels, but this combo seems to do it's part at holding off several people up here
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"

Comment

Tom,

There's a pretty good argument for running even richer oil mixtures...(more oil/better ring sealing)...particularly on mod motors.

I run a 12:1 mixture of Pennzoil marine synthetic or synthetic-blend with regular 87 octane in my Yamato 202, burns clean, burns well and protects me when I get too high on the transom. (Yamato suggests 25:1).

There are quite a few guys in NBRA running Merc or OMC brand TWC3 oils and some do quite well with "Wal-Mart" TWC3 at varying mixtures.

The TWC3 is probably a key component in your decision...beyond that, experience, intuition and good advice will begin to take you where you want to go.

Dan
      O-49

Comment

2 cycle oil

Hi Tom

My belief on oil has been that the last / smallest gap that we engineer in the motor is the cylinder. So I like enough oil to fill the gap between the piston and cylinder to not "stick" ?

The place where I think synthetic oils will save the day, is if you lose cooling or over revving or bent stuff..

Randy Dodd

04CE 25ssh
        SPEED-SPRAY-ACTION !!!

Comment

We have a couple of OMCs running A & AXS and run the Mercury Premium Plus with the TWC3 additive, It's a little more pricey than the regular Mercury oil, But Engine work isn't cheep either.
          We like to keep them lubed up running it at 6oz. per Galion of fuel (that winds up to be about a 21:1 ratio).
          Brett L. 156M

Comment

I used Pennzoil synthetic-blend for two years without a problem this year I have been using Royal Purple synthetic and nothing but Amoco Hi test which always reads -40 to -50 on the meter. 20:1 in my AX Merc which Val used to win the AXSH at the Nats, 16:1 in my A Mod Merc, and a quart to two Gal in my Hotrod.
            Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
            X