J hydro design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J hydro design

My son and I are planing to start on his J soon, I have a Johnson 15 race motor loaned to us for this project. any suggestions as to bottom with and "wheelbase " for this boat?

Yes...

Call Jerry Davids. He has built some real good J Hydros.

Michael D-1

Comment

I got a kit from Bill Giles a few years ago, and my son had lots of success with that boat. He could help you out with the measurements. If you get the numbers from him send me an email and I can give you the other numbers that we changed slightly to run J.

Comment

Its always fun to build a boat with your kid for J so they appreciate it more. Contemporary J boats are simply A boats with the motor moved farther back. Bottom widths can be 35 or 36 inches, it doesn't seem to matter.

Comment

Where do you get the plans for your boat ?

FRank

quote Paul Elvstrom's famous saying,
          "If in the process of winning you have lost the respect of your competitors you have won nothing"

Comment

Mr. Sorensen sells some good planes. Just click on this link.http://www.boatracingr11.com/Sorense...lans__kits.htm

Mark Johnson sells them to. He is also a site sponsor. You can find his ad on the home page here at Hydroracer.
            Mark
            G-11
            125H
            When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
            Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Comment

J plans

I dont have plans yet , I am looking at several design and like to compare to see what is common between them and what some of the best designs have that makes them work. I took this approch when my 125 was built and it seems to work very well.

Comment

Working...
              X