25 xs decals ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 xs decals ???

In apba do you have to have decals on your merc 25xs to be legal???? thanks mike (i'm sure aof and nbra could care less)

anyone??

someone has to kow this???

Comment

Decals

To the best of my knowledge the XS decals are not required. I know Del Snyder and I both have standard fishing motor cowls with those decals. Anyways, there was a non-speed advantage rule that Sam Hemp implemented that would cover this if a confused inspector would challenge. Not sure if its still in the rule book. I know of at least one DSH that has a replacement cowl with no decals.

Steve
      64*W

Comment

25XS Decals

We have new 25XS decals which will fit the older cowls and some newer style cowl decals. I'll bring examples to Standish. If any one wants a set please give Dave Young, Doug Pearsal or me a holler! We are progressing well in our quest to help people put some more 25XS racing engines into the system.
        Richard Duncan 39P

Comment

No more decal rules

A while back I asked Ed Hearn the same basic question about required decals. The old rules that stated you must have factory decals are no longer there. Since the factory has not supported us for a long time it makes sense. I'm refinishing my 44xs cowl and making my own decals.

Comment

All this is covered in the SO inspection manual. Go of the APBA web page and then click on forms and down loads. You will find the inspection manual there.

Comment

Gents,
              For those of you who don't have the time or inclination to cruise the "tech pages", I offer the following: Rule #2 for Merc/Mariner 25XS engine states that the engine must retain original factory color, cowlings and decals. Thanks, Mike Marshall, Raceboat61-S

Comment

here we go again

well I'm geting differnt results here.I thinks I will paint the cowl and throw some decals on it to be safe.But I do think they could relax the rules just a tad when there is no factory support anymore.we should ajust rules to current conditions within our sport.just my opinion.thanks mike

Comment

Working...
                X