Tachs for a 102

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachs for a 102

What tachometers do you guy's use on your 102's? is there a tack that has RPM's & temp?
    Mark
    G-11
    125H
    When the green flag drops, the bull**** stops!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep'em Sunny Side Up Boy's!

[

Tach

www.digatronusa.com

I was about to throw out my tinitach however its working like a charm ($35-$55)

cometcartsales.com
    Last edited by 14J; 05-05-2006, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Tachs for a 102..........

Originally posted by Lights
      What tachometers do you guy's use on your 102's? is there a tack that has RPM's & temp?
      Mark, email me at "rcracerva@yahoo.com". I might be able to help you out with this.
      DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Is this the tiny-tach model that you guys use?

TT226NR-1C Model for single or twin cylinder engines with a spark firing every 180 degrees of the engine crankshaft.
        Mark
        G-11
        125H

[

Comment

I have a tiny tach and would love to know how you make this work on a 102. Please email me at DRRM340@aol.com.

Rick Miller
          34-0

Comment

Originally posted by DrRick34-0
            I have a tiny tach and would love to know how you make this work on a 102. Please email me at DRRM340@aol.com.

Rick Miller
            34-0
            No better yet let us all know. Post it here
            Mark
            G-11
            125H

[

Comment

Briggs Tiny Tach

See attached for what I'm using on the 102.

I attach the ground lead on the spray sheild nut and wrap the other lead around one plug wire (make sure you reset the tach). Also make sure your leads are not touching both plug wires.

This works for me, however, see Eds response to this very question:

" We also got the jumping around on the tiny tach when we first bought it on the Hot Rods. The way to fix this is to make two wraps of the lead around one plug wire and then the remaining wraps of the lead around the other one. That fixes the problem. $35 is hard to beat. Ed.

14H "
              Attached Files

Comment

call Tiny Tach

Mark,

I just spoke with Tiny Tach the other day looking for help getting mine to work on an OMC A. They were very helpful in explaining how the different models work. call them at 630-920-1300.

Bill III
                Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Mark,

It looks like you will get conflicting information here but whatever works...
                  I use a Tiny Tach. For the Yamato 102, I wrap the red wire around the bottom plug wire three times starting close to where the red wire meets the black covering. I then wrap the rest of the red wire around the upper plug wire. You can usually get 2 to 3 wraps around that one as well. I do not need to use the white wire to ground. This has worked for me for a number of years now.
                  The Tiny Tach does not work on the Yamato 80 motor though. This motor must ground differently.

Tom Kargus

Comment

Anybody had any success with the tiny tach on the Yamato 80??
                    thanks for the tips on the 102!!!!
                    Rick Miller
                    34-0

Comment

I thought I seen a post awhile back that said. The leads could be hooked up to the kill switch and that it worked great? Anyone ever tryed this or know what tread that was in????????
                      Mark
                      G-11
                      125H

[

Comment

How about use of Tiny on a Merc 44 Stock Motor

Asking for a buddy Dennis Shaw who will be a rookie in DSH this year.

No I'm not racing "D" yet! Need a crane to lift the motor out of the trailer to the boat.

Warbs
                        64*W

Comment

Why would the tiny tach work any different on a 102 than an 80?
                          Sean Byrne

Comment

We have tried the Tiny Tach for years on OMC A's Yamato 80's 102's and 302's, and come up with different results each time for reliability.
                            On the OMC's we had to ground the white and wrap each plug wire 4 times, you will get a double reading for the overall rpm reading, divide by 2.

The Yamato 80, 102 and 302 we had to set it up the same way, on the BMOD if you dont wrap both of the plug wires you get number that goes from 8400 to 16800 and back to 8400 on and on down the straighaway. Its easier to wrap both plug wires and divide later, and remember to use the ground wire provided to a clean ground area or it wont be a reliable/consistant reading.

As for my personal choice of tach's the Digitron DT52K max works perfect everytime. It gives tach, cylinder head temp and for mod guys exhaust temp. All of this can be played back after you return to the beach, it has a memory to show the entire run from leaving the beach to shutting down. You can also but the interface cable and plug it into your laptop, it gives you a bargraph of all 3 readings that you can save into your computer for later comparisons.
                            nightmoves

Comment

I use a MyCron 3 Basic works on everything that I have tried it on Hotrod, OMC A and Merc 15 , havent tried it on one of my old KG-4's yet. This shows RPM's in numbers and in a bar graph at the same time also shows head temp. Has a recall to and shows everything the motor did from the time its started till the time its shut off, also shows lap times if I set the beacon out. All this can be downloaded into a PC and with the oval software program it shows the RPM's and head temps through the whole lap. Cost for a new one is around 300.00 plus 60.00 for the PC soft ware and cable. They just came out with a new one MyCron 4 which is around 320.00 which is suposed to pUt everything in graphs witout using a PC.
                              Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Working...
                              X