A product that works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A product that works!

Those of who use wrenchs on thingies mechanical occasionally mark our territory with a nasty grease/oil spill. On concrete. Ugh. In an efrfort to make my carport pretty (HA!) I decided to remove oil stains from the concrete floor. Hey, I own a Harley - go figure.

"Pour-N-Restore" Made by Edgewater Industrys. THIS STUFF WORKS! And it meets my basic requirement, no work for me! I cut a 1/4" zig-zag in plastic coffee can lid to use as a spreader, squirt Pour-N-Restore on stain, spread, go drink beer. Dries to a off-white powder in 5 to 8 hours nad all you do is sweep it up! Stain be gone.

No, I don't sell the stuff, just amazed at how easy it is to douse those stains.
    carpetbagger

Great !!

Any product that allows you to drink beer while cleaning I am all for !! A most excellent find !! Where did you get it at ?

Next thing I have to find is an epoxy remover that does not require runing a chisel removing from the concrete !!
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Fischer's Hardware

a mom & pop REAL hardware store in Springfield VA. The Pour-n-Restore website claims Duron Paint stores handle it, but our Duron store didn't.

I had stuff the disolved epoxy but it was freaking dangerous to one's health, we're talking full coverage bio-hazard suit and piped in fresh air to be safe if used in large quantitys. Secret to saving the floor is don't sweep the wood chips & dust. Or you could spread kitty litter all over the floor.
      carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
        Any product that allows you to drink beer while cleaning I am all for !! A most excellent find !! Where did you get it at ?

Next thing I have to find is an epoxy remover that does not require runing a chisel removing from the concrete !!
        I have used a heat gun to remove epoxy from concrete. Works good without hurting the concrete. Using something that produces more heat would work faster, such as a torch of some kind, but if you put too much heat on the concrete it can explode chuncks of the surface out. George Scott

Comment

More Time...

You mean I have permission to NOT sweep the dust and wood chips up ??? Gives me more beer drinking time !! SWEET !!!!

John Read, bless his soul, used to follow me around in my shop sweeping up after every cut when we built his boat. I chewed at the time, and would always leave a little pile for the obvious.... no stains that way. John would sweep it all up, then complain when there was no pile ! Got a good laugh out of that, until he showed up one weekend with a supply of empty coffee cans and placed them all around the shop....... had to aim then........
          Dave Mason
          Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Working...
          X