HR l/u ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR l/u ?

-this HR l/u was FS @Constantine. If this is the 'new style', what was the 'old style' ? I have a A-B Merc short skeg 16:21 that was machined to a stub shaft with HR splines , like this one, so it would fit a 20" HR . Was that legal in the 70s ? I can not think that the Merc ' quicky' was more hydrodynamical efficient than the HR.
    Brian Hendrick, #66 F
    "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Not a Hot Rod, in my thinking. 1 too many holes in the prop shaft.

Comment

The back shear pin hole is for the Mercury style props...I’m sure it is a Hot Rod unit.... 14:19 gear ratio. The back hole was drilled later..
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

The photo displays the original iteration of the horizontal split Hot Rod gear case. They came from Dave Little’s company with two shear pin holes. I have replaced a few of those shafts over the years and I believe I still have a couple of new two hole shafts in stock. The original Hot Rod cases had only one hole situated near the tail cone end, approx. 1/2 inch behind the gear case. R.T.

Comment

• bh/
          bh/ commented
          Editing a comment
          -so maybe that is why he says 'new style' ,ie; - it had two shear pin holes ?

Looks like something evinrude copied, crap ??????????

Comment

• bh/
          bh/ commented
          Editing a comment
          -is there not a relationship between the 15" OMC 'A' l/u and the later HR l/u's ? Was Ron Selewach not involved ? Or maybe I am thinking of the Side Winder ?

Page 3 Brian.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ght=#post69212

Comment

The new style HR are a horizontal split case. The old style look like this
          DAVEY 18w

Comment

DAVEY 18w

Comment

It is the Hot Rod foot, but like mentioned the early one with both shear pins. Believe it or not, it is NOS. Never been mounted. It was also substantially less than the price on the tape. It is always worth asking.....

Steve

Comment

• bh/
                bh/ commented
                Editing a comment
                Steve; -do u still do your pulled pork BBQ @Constantine ? Been a while since I was there .....

Would it be the same without it? Every year you can count on the Friday pulled pork dinner......

Steve

Comment

Working...
              X