60 EFI FormulaRace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 EFI FormulaRace

Hope everyone is well, for anyone who is interested in the Yukon 800 Marathon a couple years back the club changed the rules to allow the Merc 60 EFI FormulaRace engine, a 4 cylinder, 4 stroke 60 HP engine. The main reason is the shortage of Yamaha 50 triples. Last season a rookie team became the first to try the engine, and nearly won the race coming in second. I no longer live in Fairbanks and can't attend races, but what I heard is that it is a beast, very fast and strong on their boats. It is heavy, but on a 1500 pound setup I don't think that is a big handicap.

The team that ran one installed a nosecone of course, apparently the extra weight really damaged the boat so they will probably add some extra reinforcement where needed. It is a short shaft with solid motor mounts and a shifting gearcase, derived from the regular 60 HP engine. Who knows if the race will be put on this season I am sure more of these will be seen in action in the future.
    Last edited by Arcticracer; 04-01-2020, 02:12 PM.
    Dale Powell Jr.
    Palmer, Alaska

Hello Dale,

Good to hear you out there. Give me a call sometime at.... Four, 2, five- five 0, three, one, 8,8, two.

Best Regards, Dean Hobart.............
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
    X