Mer-O-Tronic model 7100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mer-O-Tronic model 7100

I need some help with what seems to be a one off Merc-o-tronic Model 7100. I have all functions working except capacitor leakage test. One of the circuit boards had a few damaged components and one resistor in particular was burned beyond recognition as can be seen by the black burn mark in the picture.I am hoping someone out there has one of these testers and can open it up and tell me the color bands or value of the resistor to the right of the 10K resistor (brown, black, orange). It is located on the leftmost circuit board. There really is very little information about these things.

Patent has schematic if that will help...https://patents.google.com/patent/US...=merc-o-tronic

Comment

Originally posted by Dockbuster View Post
      I need some help with what seems to be a one off Merc-o-tronic Model 7100. I have all functions working except capacitor leakage test. One of the circuit boards had a few damaged components and one resistor in particular was burned beyond recognition as can be seen by the black burn mark in the picture.I am hoping someone out there has one of these testers and can open it up and tell me the color bands or value of the resistor to the right of the 10K resistor (brown, black, orange). It is located on the leftmost circuit board. There really is very little information about these things.
      The resistor your after is a 39K ohm 5% tolerance 1W

Comment

Thanks for this info regarding the resistor value. I had pretty much given up on this tester as there was little information available. I will get to installing a 39K resistor and report back how i made out with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dockbuster View Post
          Thanks for this info regarding the resistor value. I had pretty much given up on this tester as there was little information available. I will get to installing a 39K resistor and report back how i made out with it.
          No worries, I just got one myself that I need to sort out. I noticed your missing 2 diodes at the top right corner also. Did you remove these yourself to replace?

Comment

Working...
          X