55H Distributor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55H Distributor Cap

I'm not a four cylinder guy, so bare with me. I have a friend that's not internet savvy whose looking for a distributor cap for a 55H. Are these available or should I be looking on ebay to find one of these?

Match it up to the magneto. Fairbanks Morse mags won't fit Kiekhaefer mags. Some early Kiekhaefer mag caps won't fit later ones, and so on. I don't believe anyone is currently making them, but they do turn up NOS on eBay and other sites.

Comment

We have a number of the various caps needed

Comment

• cpizze1
        cpizze1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I will see if I can get more info on the cap needed. I think he has a flip phone so getting a picture may be difficult.

The model of the magneto is written on the side of the mag. The Fairbanks Morse only has one cap that was used. The KD will have a number on the side like KD-1 or KD-4. It can be read without removing the magneto

Comment

Originally posted by cpizze1 View Post
        I'm not a four cylinder guy, so bare with me. I have a friend that's not internet savvy whose looking for a distributor cap for a 55H. Are these available or should I be looking on ebay to find one of these?
        You can use any of the early model 4 cylinder distributor / Magneto's on the 55 h mark 30 and 55 models usually have a Fairbanks Magneto later model 400 Merck 558a engines use the kd4 kiekhaefer mag these are more readily available the Fairbanks mag is almost non-existent I have a few parts for them as I do not run them anymore I only use kiekhaefer Magneto's I suggest you look at local boat motor salvage yards you may be able to find some Magneto's that can be cleaned up and salvaged good luck with your search

Comment

I also have a fully balanced and blueprinted 55 h block crank and piston assembly for sale recently refurbished originally blueprinted by Rick Hannon needs bearing and caps carburetors I do have some parts that can go with balanced cut flywheel some carbs make stands was originally keeping it as a backup but I only run the 44 cubic inch Mark 58a or Mark 500 engines now feel free to contact me at 5:03 960 9472 if interested in 55 H Parts also have a couple of exhaust housings and clamps

Comment

cpizzi 1
            I have a bunch of FM & KD (1 thru 5) dist caps
            Send me your address & I will send you one
            Moxie sez it's on the house (shipping incl)
            I have about anything else merc 4cyl 1956 -1960 except elec start small taper flywheels
            squirrelboy & moxie
            522-P

Comment

• mike ross
              mike ross commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a complete Mercury Mag I can sell you for 50 bucs.

• bh/
              bh/ commented
              Editing a comment
              G; "elec start small taper flywheels"; -are indeed a rare item , or so it seems. Obviously not many M30Es , and the 3rd year they went to large taper which explains the one u gave me . I almost bought another, but noticed the 2 port block/ big crank.
              ps; -need a M30 top, red, presentable so I don't have to rattle can one and buy decals for a 30H . I like barn fresh. Coming to Crystal Lake in SEP? bh/

I will be in Dayton Ohio for the race this weekend and can bring it.
            mike ross

Comment

Thanks guys for the help! I've been out of town and for some reason my email doesn't seem to be working. Let me see if I can get a hold of my friend in need of the distributor cap.

Comment

Working...
              X