trying to find that extra 1 mph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to find that extra 1 mph

i have a 80 it has not been blue printed..is a stock motor best or will getting this work done maybe get me that 1 mph? i have been told both. wanted to hear from some of you guys. my motor has had some things done to it just not blue printed and thinking about getting this done. also who does a good job with the 80 if i need all the tricks done.

thanks for info dave

Blue print it!

Tom Johnston- Britton, Mi or Jerry Davids- Webster, N.Y. can do it. Both are members here. But I am sure there is someone alot closer to yourself who can do what you need done!
    17W

"You gotta do the work"- Pop Trolian

Comment

model 80

Give me a call (517) 451-9120 or email me at tjohnston@localdialup.com
      TJ

Comment

different strokes for different folks

from what i hear the oversize motors gain punch,but often they lose that mile an hour or two in some cases.. from what i know of the stock yamato's (not mod) is that the virgin stock yamato has topend on the overstock ,,has something to do with the dimension that are changed in the oversizing,,if you havent tried it ,,try new pistons ,rings and the crank being trued, bascally blue printing your bone stock engine and getting that baby put together as tight as you can(legally) and balanced ,get it broke in and get that carb tuned to its peak performance,,get all the peak performance you can create and the rest of you mph gains are gonna be in set up and last but most important is propeller sellection,if your boat runs best kicked in 1/8 inch or vise versa you gotta test props till you find that majik one that works for your rig who knows you may find 2 instead of 1 .... hope this can help you , 12kenF p.s. I say find the motor Guru of your choice and ask him to rebuilt the power head back to virgin bone stock in every thing but the head have it worked to it tightest demention legal

Comment

forgot to tell you

oh yea ,forgot to say that i dont claim to be an expert , this has just been my experience, ,,hope it helps..12KenF

Comment

oh ya

ya all input helps .. i talked to tj on the phone he seems like a very nice guy we did'nt talk about oversize pistons just blueprinting the motor or does that mean you have to get the bigger pistons? i know i have some work done to the head and all by a very respectfull guy so it is a legal motor. still new only 2 seasons but want to try and run with the big boys in 06

thanks for the info dave

Comment

I had some work done by TJ a couple of years ago, he is a great person to deal with, very profesional and does really nice work.

Comment

blueprint

I dont believe that blueprinting means oversizing,,,blueprinting is just putting the motor to its closes specs.. as by the APBA... you can have your motor oversized and blueprinted...

Comment

For Sale

1 m.p.h. - $1000.00
                  2 m.p.h. - $2000.00
                  3 m.p.h. - call for quote!

Comment

good deals

after talking about this motor your cost for 1or 2mph are way to low!!
                    guess that show how much i know about these 80's not knowing what all comes with blueprinting....just know I need more speed sick of 2nd

Comment

Blueprinting............

Originally posted by dt 01
                      after talking about this motor your cost for 1or 2mph are way to low!!
                      guess that show how much i know about these 80's not knowing what all comes with blueprinting....just know I need more speed sick of 2nd
                      I've got a "blueprinted" GPS that will give you 2 MPH.........$100 cash!
                      DickTyndall 74-E

Comment

Ist turn ist Heh Heh

Originally posted by Dick Tyndall
                        I've got a "blueprinted" GPS that will give you 2 MPH.........$100 cash!
                        Swhat i heardanyways, takes balls to get by on the outside, aint seen to many. do that lately

Anyhow
                        RichardKCMo
                        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

thanks ken

ya i think i will have TJ blueprint my 80 but not oversize it my motor has good punch just on big course i get passed on the ends of straights..TJ did tell me some timming things to try also...but that 302 up here is fast in 20 hydro..he would have broke the record but had a 102 foot on so got DQ anyway thanks for help dave

Comment

No need for speed

The boys and I think you are going fast enough Dave. Have a Happy New Year.

Jim

Comment

hey jim

hey you guys are not suppost to be on hear...trying to find ways to keep up with you 06 should be a fun season lots of guys doing alot of work it sounds like and a big race at seaside will be fun!!
                              well hope you have a good new years also dave

Comment

Working...
                              X