20H kill switch/CONFUSED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20H kill switch/CONFUSED

Have a Hal Kelly "wet back" hydro with a 20H. I have wired the kill switch to where only "Kills" one cylinder? Hmmmm! No problem on a "yamato." So guys and gals Please teach me if ya would what I need to do. Does it need a 3-way kill switch? Thanx

Connect one wire on each point terminal. Once each end is connected at the point, as a quick test, connect the other ends or the "unconnected" wire ends to each other and check for spark. It should be dead to both cylinders.

Doug S.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Doug and will try in the am. Glen B.

Glen:
    If you are running that 20H in Modified, would suggest you look at Modified Safety Rule 3, #5 where it describes kill switches.

john sharp
    8H

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx John. Now where do find rule 3, #5? what book? I live west coast Wash. st. I may have to hook up two swithes to kill both cylinders? Seems to be the story. Glen

Hey everyone, thanx for your help. What I ended up doing was ran (2) Two kill switchs. Low and behold work perfect!

NOW IF ANYONE HAS "KEY-WAY" FOR MARK20 PLEASE BRING AND WILL HOOK UP. FOR THE FLYWHEEL. R5 VINTAGE 20H HAL KELLY BOAT. Thanx Glen

Comment

Originally posted by pburgford View Post
      Hey everyone, thanx for your help. What I ended up doing was ran (2) Two kill switchs. Low and behold work perfect!

NOW IF ANYONE HAS "KEY-WAY" FOR MARK20 PLEASE BRING AND WILL HOOK UP. FOR THE FLYWHEEL. R5 VINTAGE 20H HAL KELLY BOAT. Thanx Glen
      Sent you a PM
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Working...
      X