offset hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offset hydro

The cockpit of my hydro has a decent amount of offset on the left side . My question is , should the motor be centered on the transom or on the true center of the boat ? I have noticed that the left sponson seems to be riding a little low and throws up a lot of spray on the straights when conditions are calm with less lift .

Not sure how others do theres. Our Apel 350 was off set years ago with motor centered

Comment

Here's a link to previous discussion on the topic - bottomline, depends on the boat...

https://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...ion-on-transom
      On a boat with an offset cockpit, should the motor be mounted in the middle of the boat width, or set to the middle of the cockpit?

Comment

My boat handles better when the motor is centered within the boat, not the cockpit, especially when you have an expansion chamber hanging off the side of the motor.
        Joe Silvestri
        CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
        JH/JR

Comment

A boat will always run faster down the straightaway with the motor centered with the boat or bottom as opposed to the transom that is offset. A motor not centered puts slightly more load to the motor. May not matter in the turn but it probably will on the straights.

Comment

Start with center then move in as you learn. have played with this since the 70S even with non offset cockpits. even on runabouts. find what you are comfortable with all boats ,props,engines are different.

Comment

Working...
            X