One Wire Tach......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Wire Tach......

Has anyone ever tried using any of the SENDEC one wire Tachs on their outboard motors? Do they work? www.sendecracing.com
    I'm looking to install a tach on a Tohatsu M40C on my Sport C rig. The other pricey option is a OEM analog tach available for just under $200.00...

Thankx,
    Bernie
    The ORIGINIAL SPORT C #89
    "BAD BOY"

Yes

The one wire is an antenna that picks up EM signals broadcast by the ignition wires. Us seasoned folks (geezers) can recall the EM from car ignitions interfering with AM radio reception - same deal except the tach reads the signals and converts the EM impulse to an RPM reading.
    carpetbagger

Comment

If it's like the ones I've used, the readout is very small and hard to see. I have used sendec and tinytach, they both failed within a year. They don'y handle vibration or moisture well at all.
      GO DIGATRON, they are expensive but worth it.
      MIke

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112
        GO DIGATRON, they are expensive but worth it.

AGREED! Do it right the first time. You won't regret it.

Mike
        Sattler Racing R-15
        350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
        TEAM VRP
        The Original "Lunatic Fringe"

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

digatron

What model would be the best for stock hydro (csh) racer to use? there are 3 series to choose from the the 50,40,or the 30 series and what other options on the tach will I need.

Thanks
          Bryan
          I have the need for speed but not
          the bank account.

7-P pro,mod,soAPBA,DVORA,TRORA

Comment

Originally posted by pro350hydro
            AGREED! Do it right the first time. You won't regret it.
            Mike
            Pro... Ricochet112....Bill......... !
            Thanks for the help and suggestion
            Bernie
            "BAD BOY"

Comment

Byan, If you are running a Yamato get one with cyliner head temp. I like the large 1" display myself, just a quick glance and it's easy to read. You have to toggle back and forth between RPM and temp, but I race with mine on the temp display to try and not bake the force fed cooling Yamato.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ricochet112
                Byan, If you are running a Yamato get one with cyliner head temp. I like the large 1" display myself, just a quick glance and it's easy to read. You have to toggle back and forth between RPM and temp, but I race with mine on the temp display to try and not bake the force fed cooling Yamato.
                Mike

Mike, I'd be interested to know what you use as I'm new to the sport as well. What model do you use and where can you get them? Thanks
                Sean Byrne

Comment

I have an older model, a DT-31KSN. Go to www.digatronusa.com
                  or call 509-467-3128
                  Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. 509 area code sounds like its pretty close to my neck of the woods
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3
                      Thanks Mike. 509 area code sounds like its pretty close to my neck of the woods
                      You're Right

Digatron is in Spokane,WA

If you need any help let me know, they are 5 minutes from me and I know the owners.
                      Sattler Racing R-15
                      350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                      TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

digatron tach

I have a brand new digatron tach and it has never worked worth a darn, will not read rpm and will not stay set at max rpm limit.
                        This was sold as the top of the line tach and it is useless on my 3 cly. omc
                        My tiny tach works great, but my old eye can't see the small readout on the screen.

Comment

digatron tachs

Howard you should contact Betty at Digatron, I have two and know of at least three more people that own them and they work GREAT. I would'nt own anything but a Digitron!

Terry Fiorelli

Comment

Digatron Tachs are universal. The KEY to making them work on your motor is to get the "correct" sensor, or pickup for your ignition. This means, you have to know what ignition you have and be able to tell them what you have so they can send you the correct sensors.

The only other things is the mulitplier that is adjusted from the front screen of your tach for the number of cylinders. I have rand Digatron's for many years and they work great and never miss a beat.

Howard, Andy has a digatron on his 3 holer and seems to work just fine.
                            Sattler Racing R-15
                            350cc Pro Alcohol Hydro
                            TEAM VRP

Spokane Appraiser

Comment

Mama was buying

Mama was buying...........she was snoopin' around...wanted to know what I wanted for XMAS and got me the SENDEC FS500.........it arrived Wednesday. She said I couldn't have it till XMAS. But.....I had to check it out. It is small....one button operation ...small read out...... but for where I'm going to mount it....it shouldn't be an issue. I did a quick tank test alond side of an anaolog meter. It appears to be right on the money. We gave it a bath too.....it works under water. Everything appears to be fine. We'll just have to wait and see how rugged it'll be out in the real water world. So far....for the 80 bucks that Mama spent........ I'm happy!
                              Bernie
                              "BAD BOY"

Comment

Working...
                              X