Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Cute & NIFTY New Tachometer Laser Product!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Cute & NIFTY New Tachometer Laser Product!

As some of you know I am into finding innovative little products that makes things a little easier and a little more practical for racers and wrench-heads in general. I was just a one of those "if we didn't have it, you didn't need it" hardware stores where they are featuring a new product. Its the size of a flattened CSI flashlight, powered by 2 AAA batteries like your TV/VCR remote, but is a "tachometer for any application where the target to get read, spins". All you do is point this hand held little laser tachometer at any spinning object and it can read it from 0 to 99,999.99 RPM at the touch of the read button with its two lasers pointing at the spinning object. You can also hold down the read button for continuous fluctuating readings and you can do so in bright sunlight from 8 feet away and its clearly visible digitally on its not overly large LCD screen. Average AAA battery life with lots of use is about 1 year. It does not care how large or small the object is other than it has to complete one orbit to provide the reading.

This sounds like not a bad product for engine test wheel jockeys like myself and a whole host of applications similar. Is there a remote product that would take a reading from one location and show you the reading at another location as in, reading your flywheel RPMs and showing you the reading next to your steering wheel in a place easy to glance at and check while your wound out at 10,000 RPM on your Konig? I got to see some more to find out as I really didn't have the time to spend right then.

Costly? Nope, its all of $44.95 (On Intro Sale) plus applicable taxes for this nifty little versatile digital tach with its high impact latch closing fitted case and I have no doubt like all laser products these days every decent hardware store will have them if they already don't but you just never noticed them! Ask and have a lookeesee if they do in your area, already.

There are at least five different companys making those and they been around for awhile. They are ok if your just going to test wheel a motor but the real world is with the prop on and seeing what the motor is turning and most prop makers want to know that when making a prop or testing one. There are about five different companys making the remote ones with the wire that wraps around the plug wire but not all will read right with the CDI system.
    Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by G Stillwill
      There are about five different companys making the remote ones with the wire that wraps around the plug wire but not all will read right with the CDI system.
      The one I tried didn't work very well with a 4 cyl mag either.... 16,000+ RPM's with a C Merc.

I've been testing "under fire" (i.e. change props between heats.... jack it up! between heats....) for so long now I'm not sure that it would help if I could find an accurate tach for the old Mercs or not, but I'd sure like to find out. I want someone to put an accurate tach on a 6 cyl FE/SE Merc and tell me what those things are really turning..... They sound like they actually are turning 16,000+!

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ANZANI-QUINCY FREAK
        As some of you know I am into finding innovative little products that makes things a little easier and a little more
        Ask and have a lookeesee if they do in your area, already.
        Give us some sort of identification or name .
        !"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Comment

Is Just a House Brand Called "Power Fist" That Has A Lifetime Warranty

The soild state twin laser scanning tach is a house brand that goes by the name of "Power Fist" and carries a lifetime warranty like all their in-house "Power Fist" tool line does be they manual or electric and the outfit is called Princess Auto, a Canada wide company that has been aroud for years.

I have wired tachs for self energizing magnetos and other CD ignitions but I never seen one like that and so small before, so it was of interest at the moment. I haven't picked one up yet but I am tempted at the moment always loaded with second thoughts.

Who are some of the makers and where are they listed of remote sensing Tach units that are that small and you can hang a live readout above the wheel?

Comment

Working...
          X