water intake question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water intake question

I have a 44 mod with a stick tower that I am building. does anyone no the best place for the water to enter the block. it cant go in through the bottom. it uses a older yamato gear foot water comes out the side of the lower unit through a hose. just need to no the best place for the water to go in .

My inclination from a PRO perspective is to cool the combustion chambers 1st, then let the water flow back thru the rest of the cylinder block to a normal exit point. I'm no Mod guru, but I have an old Quincy-modified deflector Alky block, and Chris routed the water to cool the combustion chambers 1st. On your 4-cyl block, I'd put in a tee to divert the fresh cooling water from the side of the gearbox to distribute it equally to top & bottom pairs of cylinders, favoring the top of each pair of cylinders 1st.

I'm talking from just basic common sense here, but I don't know diddly about the many Merc Mod secrets. Maybe some Merc Mod gurus can chime in here to help out. -- dave

Comment

~~The watering technique of a 44 is one of more debated topics of 44 mod builders. The most common method, and what I recommend to those that purchase exhaust systems from me, is to input water at the base of the water jacket. I put a fitting on each side of and below the bottom spark plug. How and where you let the water out is as important as where it goes in. You must make sure the block fills with no air pockets and you establish good circulation thru all parts of the block. Don’t forget the exhaust filler block.

Comment

Working...
      X