CSR Pulling to Left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSR Pulling to Left

My runabout is pulling to the left. As far as I can tell, the bottom fin is perpendicular to the back of the boat. What other things can cause this issue and what are the best ways to fix them? Thanks for any advice you are willing to pass along.
    Last edited by Hal 212M; 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM.

Make sure that your thrust bracket, tension screw on your clamp-bracket assembly, and anything else that controls the tension on your steering gear is tight enough so that you can momentarily take your hand off the steering wheel, and the boat remains on course. A left-hand propeller always tends to turn a boat left. That's not necessarily bad because we always want to turn left, but left uncontrolled, you might get upsidedown.

Some of the PRO guys resort to hydraulic steering dampers, analogous to screen-door dampers, to help control their steering at higher speeds.
    Last edited by dwhitford; 11-11-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Hal, you might check to see if the skeg is bent if the fin was OK. Also see if the motor is centered on the bottom rather than centered on the cockpit if the cockpit is off center. Jack

Comment

If you are using a direct steering Yamatos can tend to pull hard left ,an indirect setup can ease the pull quite a bit.
        Latter Race Team 20SSH/CSH/OSY400 /AXSH
        The eh TEAM
        "We'll burn that bridge when we come to it"

Comment

I have one prop, a high rake cleaver, which tends to do that. Is the pulling you are experiencing with all your props or just the most recent one used?

Going to indirect steering as mentioned will help. Jack
          Last edited by Jack Stotts; 11-12-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Jack, I have experienced this with a new cleaver prop. I have direct steering too. I have a lot to play around with next spring. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Steer to the right.

Direct steering is tough with a Yamato. You'll not just like but LOVE the indirect. When you go indirect you'll need a big hub. Get at least a 5".

Tim
              Tim Weber

Comment

Working...
              X