question, proly not a tech. Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question, proly not a tech. Q

Maybe there should be a place to dissscuss the envirementle impact of 2 cylcle's on a body of water that has a boat racers perspective.

Poured water out of my cooler on K mart parking lot.
    Time i got 'round to my side rainbow came from under.

Lot easier to scrape up from I 70 speedway, i hear that sme bodys of water that are never used improve, but don't hear about others. Anyways what do ya think?
    RichardK.C. Mo.

2-strokes are dirty . . .

No doubt about that. Three possible solutions: 1) Develop a fuel/oil combo that biodegrades and does not have a lasting nor ac***ulative impact on the environment. 2) Use exhaust cleaners - cats? - so the expressed exhaust is free of nasty bits. 3) Ban 2-stroke engines - as in California soon - and switch to 4-strokes.

Of course 4-stroke engines also puimp crap into the water, just not as much.

And alcohol fuel is kinder to the environment, save for the oil mixed with 2-stroke fuel, which brings us to 1) can a lubricant be developed or is there lubes available that wouldn't cause the Greenies to pitch a hissy?
    carpetbagger

Comment

Yes, there is enhanced biodegradeable 2 stroke oil already on the market

Comment

biodegradeable oil . . .

Sam - is it close to working like TCW-III? Do OEM outboard manufacturers approve it for use in their engines?

And for the APBA/AOF/? tech groups, should racers lead the charge to cleaner water and use this Greenie oil?
        carpetbagger

Comment

I think it is TCW-III

Comment

Better for the Waters

Race Alky's on Methanol if you are tree hugger. Somewhere, we got studies that show the benefits of 12 boats turning 12,000 RPM for half an hour and not leaving residue in the water. Methanol eveporates and castor oil seems to do nothing but make mammals regular.....
            David Weaver

Comment

it is TCW III

Found "Greenlube" and Castrol has a bio oil for outboards. Methinks I'll try Castrol in my Yamahonker oil tank next year.
              carpetbagger

Comment

Originally posted by sam
                I think it is TCW-III
                yes, it is.........Merc and BRP also sell it......
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Deran/ Mercguy

Where is it you werk on those big motors , not on El Cap where you live proly, then again , been a whale.

What we need to do , walk outside , look 'round say .ok..
                  I think i know.
                  Hell is.
                  SOUTH
                  RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

envirnmental ?

Actually , i thought i'd hear more , but i'm only watchin' a John Duffy , tape, if anyone is familiar let me know.
                    Oh F!!k,
                    RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

No about that

Originally posted by David Weaver
                      Race Alky's on Methanol if you are tree hugger. Somewhere, we got studies that show the benefits of 12 boats turning 12,000 RPM for half an hour and not leaving residue in the water. Methanol eveporates and castor oil seems to do nothing but make mammals regular.....
                      You guys sure outa have that race in ST.Joe Mo, don't know if you were here , but I was.
                      You know i've heard there is a place , near St. Joe Mo. Where where yous guys can run, Pro,s they say,? spell it.

Hey David W.40mi way be there when any one one I know is.

David, i was i wae actually trying for some facts, when you have somer let me know,ok.
                      DickF
                      RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

Scary

Go to Sam,s
                        place, read the fine print
                        RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

St Joe and the Facts

USTS raced at St. Joe about 3 years ago. Very hot and low turnout of boats, mainly because we had to schedule two events too close together. Since then I understtod the water level was an issue. We have a good spread of races in the mid-west, so I doubt that we will go back, but you never know. Sounded like a nice place to have a race.

Check with Kristi Ellison about the study regarding the benefits of racing on a body of water. One was actually done. We used it to help secure a race this year when officials were worried about the "impact" of racing. It's all good.....
                          David Weaver

Comment

Well, David . . .

all we need is a manufacturor effort to make methanol engines work in recreational boats. The fuel tanks would have to be HUGE! When I look at the average PWC I shake my head in wonder. Half of them are built by motorcycle manufacturors who have a plethora of 4-stoke honking fast engines, yet they put 2-strokes in the frigging PWC boats! Talk about shooting your self in the environmental foot. As timed by the Tennessee water police, my daughter's 650cc 2-stroke PWC does 52 MPH. Cool, but I'll bet a 4-stroke PWC in the 600cc to 700cc range would honk along as fast.
                            carpetbagger

Comment

Working...
                            X