1988 mercury 25xs water drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 mercury 25xs water drain

on this engine there is a hole up under and near the steering bar on the back left hand side of the engine. It's right beside another larger stud that holds the engine block on, the hole with the drip is about a 1/4" in size. When the motor runs water dribbles out of this hole, is it supposed to? I just noticed it the other day.
    I plan on running this weekend and don't want to harm the engine, Thanks for any input.

Hey Big,
    The hole, I believe is the block drain, where cooling water leaves the block, it also leaves the block on the exhaust manifold and exits out the exhaust snout on the tower. You say it dribbles out , BUT when the motor is running it should be a steady stream.... this stream is the telltale that shows the water pump is pumping. If its not, you may want to look at your WP impeller.

Pete
    Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Thanks Pete Hey the water comes out not so much as a dribble but not a steady stream either. The main drain line off the cylinder head pours out like a garden hose turned on full blast. Thank you again for the reply. B.K.

Comment

Working...
      X