Help Needed. 850hydro questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed. 850hydro questions

I am getting a 850hydro ready. my question is. what is the best motor to use. I have merc mod motor but I don't think they have the power to run with the omc. I I also have a stock omc. no tower or foot though. anyone have any towers for the omc. I have a few d foots but from what I hear they don't hold up well. thanks for any help.

Bass mid and bass gearbox will hold up under the OMC without any issues

Comment

pstock800, I'd buy a Bass lower unit and tower. You can use any tower you like but it would be easier to buy both from Bass. Powerhead - 3 cylinder OMC.

OMC FE/SE powerhead parts for sale. Kurcz ported block, Mod 50 pistons and cylinder head, exhaust, etc.

Comment

We have had good luck with the new Komato lower units as well. The Bass unit is a great choice as well.

As far as what engine, stick with the 49.9 CI Evinrude/Johnson. To be competitive, it is very cheap compared to even C Stock.
        Dave Mason
        Just A Boat Racer

Comment

I was looking through my evinrude manuals today to check the engine i have. what vintage is the 49.9. i cant find it in my books

Comment

Originally posted by pstock800 View Post
            I was looking through my evinrude manuals today to check the engine i have. what vintage is the 49.9. i cant find it in my books
            It is the Evinrude/Johnson 70HP. Might be 49.7CI in your manual ?
            Dave Mason
            Just A Boat Racer

Comment

Any idea what years

Comment

I kno 1973 to 1987 70hp omc's will work.

Comment

is .there any view difference between the 2 70hp blocks. I have no engine serial number so im not sure what year it is. hoods and pan are white. I no evinrude used white for years. the part number on the block is 334474

Comment

Working...
                  X