D stock electric start question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D stock electric start question

I'm considering adding electric start to my Ram50/Tohatsu motor. I've never had trouble hand cranking my motor, but adding electric start would be helpful for modified LeMans starts (like Top O'). My question is, what size and type battery is commonly used by you guys? I know nearly everybody uses a small battery and mounts it inside the cowling neatly. But I just wanted to find out the specifics to save myself a little trial and error. Thanks!

CALL the Man -- Alex 207- 737- 4570 He has all the bits

Comment

i use a small motorcycle battery. worked great for the last 3 years until I died at the last race. thanks shawn and everyone for pulling. mine is a heavier setup then what Alex uses. He would be the guy to talk to.

Comment

I just spoke to Alex last week, but forgot to ask about battery stuff. I can give him a call. I wanted to get some opinions from various people anyway. Has anyone had experience with Lithium Ion "Smart Batteries"?

Comment

Jeff,
          I have seen Alex's setup. His battery is a small Lithium Ion one. It spins the motor over very nicely, i don't know the brand though.

I was too busy checking out the third generation Bass tower he had on the engine..... I am putting a Full Spectrum P1 lithium ion battery on my Formula E engine. it's 130 cranking Amps, and measures 4.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 inches and weighs under`a pound.

pstock800 Before I forget to tell you. I love the profile pic. We sure miss Kenny
          Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Working...
          X