Racing #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing #'s

Ive been going thru the rules trying to find the boat number minimum size, I thought I saw previously that 6" was height min. I need to get this done asap, anyone know for sure? Thanks
    Team Tower

Copied from the 2014 general racing and safety rules for SO MOD PRO

Each racing member owning a boat or boats shall annually request National Headquarters
    to assign him/her a racing number for each category raced.
    This number, or numbers, shall be valid for the current membership year.
    The racing member will use these numbers on all boats of all classes which he or she may enter in given category’s races.
    The racing number shall consist of a letter designating the geographic section of the country where the owner resides
    and an assigned number. The assigned number shall range from 1 to 999.
    The official racing number must be displayed on both sides of the boat in accordance with the following procedures:

1. Hydroplanes shall be affixed with vertical numbers on both sides of the boat.
    Numbers must be a minimum of six (6) inches in height and one (1) inch stroke where space permits and shall be
    black on white or white on black. The background must be solid.
    There shall be at least one (1) inch background border around each number and letter, where space permits.
    There shall be a minimum of one (1) inch spacing between each number and letter, where space permits.

2. In addition to vertical numbers and letters, it is recommended that hydroplanes have deck numbers and letters.
    These deck numbers should be placed on a solid background that contrasts strongly with the color used for the deck numbers.

3. PRO runabouts shall be affixed with numbers of a color that strongly contrasts with the background.
    The figures and letters shall be not LESS than 10 inches in height and the stroke not LESS than 1-1/2 inches wide, if space permits.
    These numbers must be affixed to both sides of the boat.

4. Runabouts used in MO and SO classes must be affixed with numbers that are black on a solid white background or white on a
    solid black background. The figures and letters must be at least 6 inches in height and the stroke must be at least 1 inch wide,
    where space permits.
    There must be at least 1 inch of background around the number, where space permits.
    There must be a minimum of one (1) inch spacing between each figure and letter, where space permits.
    Numbers must be affixed to both sides of the boat.

5. It shall be the driver’s responsibility to make the numbers legible. The numbers must be so displayed as to be clearly visible at all times,
    and shall be securely attached in such a manner that they will not be lost or defaced during a race. The race committee shall have
    the power to warn, or disqualify without previous notice, any driver who races with improper or illegible numbers.

6. A temporary number, such as an “X” or “I”, may be used. However, only one (1) regatta will be allowed without a regular number properly
    displayed on the hull.

Pete
    Don't laugh.....it's borrowed!!

Comment

Thank you Pete, I saw this when reading long ago but there's so much to remember or go thru & daylights running out. I got the background done at least. Maybe I can find stick on #'s
      Team Tower

Comment

Working...
      X