Rebuilding 20H & 55H Gear Cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilding 20H & 55H Gear Cases

I'm looking to have a couple of Mercury gear cases rebuilt. I have most of the parts. I heard about a guy names "Stick" Bauer (spelling???) who is good with gear cases. I do not have any contact information for this person. I understand he advertises in the "Propeller". Does any one have contact information for this person? Of does someone know who I should send these gear cases to.

I see an ad in Propeller for Steckbauer Speedmaster Service which, according to the ad, is at 1571 Westhaven Circle Oshkosh, WI. Phone Number is (920) 231-1149. Don't see anything about a web site. David Steckbauer is the guy's name. Good Luck!

Comment

gearcases

you may want to call Ken ( CHOPS ) Hall 978-256-4795. you will get good work and have your parts back while your syill young enugh to enjoy them!!!!.

Comment

Ron Thomas in Milwaukee did my merc gearcases. His old address is 6747 N. 84 th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53224 with an old phone # of 414 353 4465. The area code may have changed. Ron does an excellant job.

Charlie Pater

Comment

Not to get too far off track but, whats the overall length of a 55H Drive shaft? I haven't had one around for a while, but I've found another box of "stuff" w/ some vertical shafts, and other goodies I evidently put away so I wouldn't loose them!

THX
          Steve
          106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

D/S length

Hey Steve,

From the D/S drawing the length is 17 31/32. from top to bottom no +/- on the drawing.

The 44xs is 15.01 to 15.07 overall.

I do Merc racing lower units as well. but the border and shipping can be a little costly if you are in a rush.

Regards,
            Dave Scott
            Aim Marine Inc.
            613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
            Ottawa, Canada
            http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
            DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

R Boy

The only person that I would trust a gear case to is Ron Thomas. He Did all of mine when I was racing and He's doing the 45's too. He's also one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Spud

Comment

lower unit repair

In my experience, Dave Steckbauer does first class work at reasonable prices with quick turn-around.

He can often locate hard-to-find parts.

He used to work for Mercury where he assembled quicksilver units!

Comment

Working...
                X