F.E. motors vs. stock omc motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has Been Done

John Sharp had about the fastest competing 45 in FEH that I have seen. I do believe he ran one pipe, then two, and even slid them. He was always cometitive, but he now runs a 3 holer...........

Depends on you perspective on how good a rig is. Want to win local races, or compete nationally. I think a 3 holer will win nationally, but a two holer can be compete nationally and win some now and again.
    Dave Mason
    Just A Boat Racer

Comment

pugh hydro

Originally posted by Richard K.C. Mo.
      This one is 12'4" don't know other dimensions.
      What would make the one you desribe better? thanks
      RichardF
      The wider bottom would allow for better accel. due to wieght of engine, all 4 piont boats I ever seen run hit every wave in the water and run nose down.
      I have not spoken to anyone with a 4 point that feels it is a good way to go after running one. I have a 4 piont Appel 350 but it is tough to drive with a 350cc engine on it.
      Besides I really like the ride of the Pugh and the sponson design, but it's just my opinoin I'm sure I will hear from the 4 point guys on this.

Howard

Comment

FEH laydown

Hey Fran,

You may want to get hold of Wayne Izzo or Hunter Grimes. I think that wayne's Giles laydown runne 3 holer are for sale all you need to race. I do not know the price but you could not build it for what I heard he was asking for it. He is on this board as dagiz.

it has a bass mid-section and lower unit and a strong powerhead. he and hunter run as a team and the best part is the boat is in NY. Alex Bay area.

Sonny you should talk to John Runne before you look at a 2 holer I think he spent a whole bunch of money in his and it was fast but it took a while and quite a bit of $$$ but John could elaborate.

Regards,
        Dave Scott
        Aim Marine Inc.
        613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
        Ottawa, Canada
        http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
        DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by N80250cch
          What version 3cly are raced? What model and serial number ranges are ok?
          Is there a lot of machine work involved. What gear ratios are racers running?
          I have heard that blocks crack in the port area. Is their a difference in port shape in diff. yrs.?
          Richard
          RichardK.C. Mo.

Comment

65hp Stinger 2

What is the difference between a stinger and non-stinger 65 for the 64-76 model year. I have heard stories of different pistons, different bearings etc... can someone elaborate. I have one here that I got on a h-stream viper and I may sell it. it has 150lbs per hole the way it is. It is complete with a 20" shaft electric shift. I would separate the powerhead and junk the rest if someone wanted it. Make me an offer it is complete and runs the way it is.

Regards,
            Dave Scott
            Aim Marine Inc.
            613-831-1246 8-5 Mon-Fri
            Ottawa, Canada
            http://stores.ebay.com/Aim-Outboard-Recyclers
            DS(M)H - 20CE

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
              Hey Fran...how are ya?...I've been doing a lot of research on the 3 cyl 2 stroke. It is originally a europen design devoped by the swiss. The first Question that pops to mind is why 3? why not 4... or a big 2? As it turns out, what you are looking at with a 3 hole'r is in fact a supercharged 2 cylinder. There is a 120 degree difference in one cylinder that acts as an internal pulse charge that affectvely supercharges the other cylinders. I have spent some time descussing this with Bob Goller and I am trying to develop a 45 omc with a sliding stinger pipe. Fran...being a pro guy, you probably have all the hardware in your boat for a set of stinger pipes. I think a 45ci omc set up like a Yamato mod... or a pro motor would be a monster in FEH. What do you guys think?...Has anyone ever tryed this?
              Actually Dean Wilson put one together in the early 90's. Went like He**. It had a sliding pipe with converging elbows. He had the engine turned around backwards so that the carburator faced the rear. Ran it on a runabout and he and I had some really great battles. Not sure where that engine ended up but he did race it at the '92 nationals in Wakefield.

Comment

Hi guys.
                thanks for the info. I've been away on vacation without the internet. I would really like to build a 3 holer over this winter. Is there a web site i could get the rules on this motor? Can you run a 65 merc in the same class and if so how do they compare to omc? MY dad and I have alot of experience with the merc engines and we have a 65 merc already bolted up to shorty downhousing with a racing gearfoot. Im also planning running the classic 50 class this comming summer with my dad. so I hope to meet all of you guys and i appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                X