Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting for Merc 25XS

Gents,
    I need some help. I plan to "unrestrict" my 25XS for this years racing and run it in 25SSR and the 25MH, BMR, BMH classes. What jets should I install? Will I fry a piston by running too lean a mixture if I pull the restrictor and leave the old jets installed? Does Mercury still carry the needed jets? I heard that the carburetor is now longer an item in stock and there is a "replacement' carb of 'similar' performance? Thanks, Mike Marshall, raceboat61-S

Mike, I ran my 25XS in AOF where the restrictor plate was not required in either hydro or runabout and ran 92,94 and 96 jets. The 96 was a bit rich. I used to have the part numbers for the jets but that data went with the engine when I sold it two years ago. I think the jets are somewhat common within Mercury carbs. and should be available. Jack

Comment

The new replacement carb has the same dimensions as the XS carb. It appears to be different only in the idle circuit, idles better, not a quality we really care about. The throttle shaft does not have a ball stud either, easy to adapt. Jets are all available listed below
      1395-6206 .088
      1395-6247 .090
      1395-5733 .092
      1395-8423 .094
      1395-6249 .096

Doug4N

Comment

Working...
      X