Kill switch help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill switch help

I need a 4 pole kill switch. I think the 302 need this too.

I need to close or ground 4 coils at the same time. I can connect 1-3 and 2-4 to kill the motor.

I do not want to use 2 kill switches, it is a safety thing. Any help? Looking for all ideas and I will pick the best one!

B
    Last edited by brian; 02-20-2005, 07:54 PM.

Here's what I' would do

look in a book such as McMaster Carr or equivalent, select the switch that will do what you want, and buy it. I truly don't mean for this to sound condascending but you answered your own question in your own post.

Comment

you should allso be able to use diodes to tie the leads together just make sure you solder the diodes in acording to the polarity so that voltage can not flow mag to mag then use a single lead switch or is that not allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by brian
        I need a 4 pole kill switch. I think the 302 need this too.

I need to close or ground 4 coils at the same time. I can connect 1-3 and 2-4 to kill the motor.

I do not want to use 2 kill switches, it is a safety thing. Any help? Looking for all ideas and I will pick the best one!

B
        Brian, you can use a single kill switch, if you use a dual input diode setup, such as Mercury sells p/n 812497a2 list $22
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X