"D" mod runabout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "D" mod runabout

Is anyone planning on running D mod runabout in Ocoee? Or at all this year?? What is a legal gearcase in this class?
    Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Originally posted by Sonny
    Is anyone planning on running D mod runabout in Ocoee? Or at all this year?? What is a legal gearcase in this class?
    you can run virtually any gearcase, as long as it has 1:1 gears or 1 under gears and meets the appropriate R/S dimensions......
    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

I will have the 33m ready for DMR and we will also have an FER so you get two for one!!! You khow Dunn will be there so there is at least 3.

Oh you can run 1 tooth under gears.

Comment

gears??

I have two gearcases one is a 14/15 Yamato and the other is a 12/15 konig. the 12/15 Konig I was planning to use on my "C" mod Merc, is the same gear ratio ok?? or should I use the 14/15 Yamato??

Comment

Originally posted by Sonny
          I have two gearcases one is a 14/15 Yamato and the other is a 12/15 konig. the 12/15 Konig I was planning to use on my "C" mod Merc, is the same gear ratio ok?? or should I use the 14/15 Yamato??

is the 14/15 Yamato unit a stock one, with a nose cone? The Konig on on the C will be harder to find props for though. I am now going back to my original thoughts of using the 14/15 Yamato 102 foot with a Lee nosecone/pickup under my Cmod Merc. It should last alot longer than the 16/21 Merc B/C foot that was underneath it, which I had not found a prop big enough prior to the gears exploding, including the big FE 4blade prop Craig loaned me at last years Nationals. He is now building me a prop for the 14/15 unit.
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

gears

I had the propshaft turned down on the konig so my Yamato props fit I also had it squared for the Yamato driveshaft coupler. The Yamato is an old tail loader alky case. Basically evrey prop fits on every case. ...cheaper that way.

Comment

I will have a DMR there and George Luce called and he is planning to be there.

Comment

Dmr

I can't make it this time.

Dang

steve

Comment

Sonny --- Lets get a run at the starting line first. After the Boys wash your boat for you then we can start on something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Davids
                    Sonny --- Lets get a run at the starting line first. After the Boys wash your boat for you then we can start on something else.
                    Hey Jerry, What are you doing up at 4:51 in the morning on a sunday morning?? Hey....tell the guy's my boats already clean ... but thanks for the thought.

Comment

Working...
                    X